Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #1 
MoonShadow

MoonShadow Betta Fish Rescue - Bettas for Adoption

Hey all I'm starting yet another new thread since the old one got long and its rather old! Check back often and see what I have available for adoption.

All fish have been rescued and rehabilitated and are now ready to go to their forever homes. I do not ask for an adoption fees. Though adopter will need to pay shipping fees (which I offer at a slight discount) if they are not within 2 hours driving distance of Kingston, NY zip code 12401. I will happily drive up to 2 hours in any direction to meet adopters so if you are say 3 - 4 hours away and are willing to meet 1/2 way somewhere that is fine.

Priority shipping is $10 (for up to 2 fish) with no live arrival guarantee. Express shipping is $20 (for up to 2 fish) with a live arrival guarantee. In the case of a dead fish take a photo of fish still in bag within 24 hours of the fish's arrival.

If a fish is unable to be ship he or she will be marked as so.

Payment: I accept Paypal, Money Orders and Personal Check (check must clear before betta is shipped out)

Please fill out this form when you reply with interest in a betta:

Name:
What size tank will you house him/her in:
Will the tank be heated:
How often will water be changed:
Who will be the primary care giver of this betta:
Have you ever owned a betta before:

Available Bettas

Bay: I have only had her a few days, but she is happy and healthy, I believe now that her physical deformity is either the result of an old injury or she was born that way. Its possible her anal fin will grow back, but I don't think it will over the injured/deformed area. Bay is NOT available for shipping!

MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #2 
jesssan2442

She is adorable! I would snap her up in a heart beat if she was avaliable for shipping! Will emmett be avaliable for shipping?
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #3 
MoonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesssan2442 View Post
She is adorable! I would snap her up in a heart beat if she was avaliable for shipping! Will emmett be avaliable for shipping?
As of now yes he will be once he is ready, which won't be for at least another month!
Old 11-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #4 
MoonShadow

Time to update!

Bay is still available, and can be shipped!

Due to cold temperatures I would prefer to only ship express until spring, though exceptions can be made under special circumstances, and as always I am willing to drive up to 2 hours in any direction (from kingston NY) to meet an adopter!

Hunter is a VT male that was put in a cup with another male at petsmart, my guess is some kids thought it would be funny. He was really beaten up but is almost 100% healed and ready for a forever home. Hunter can be shipped!

Equinox was extremely malnourished/underweight when he was rescued, It's been a struggle getting weight on him but he's finally ready for a forever home! No shipping for Equinox

Apache got very sick a couple of months ago, and even though he is healthy now, I am afraid the infection may have damaged his swim bladder and he may never swim normally again. Can anyone open their home and heart to this special needs boy? Express shipping or local pickup ONLY

Old 12-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #5 
karenluvsbettas623

I can't adopt right now but if anyone wants to adopt Bay, I can pay for her express shipping as a donation to moonshadow rescue. And I realize you can ship 2 fish for the 20$ so if anyone chooses to adopt bay, you can also adopt another one for free.
karenluvsbettas623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #6 
hollyk

Oh my goodness- that would be wonderful karenluvsbettas! I've had my eye on Bay, but I couldn't afford the shipping... I would also take whichever other fish is most in need of a home.
hollyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #7 
hollyk

Name: Holly
What betta are you interested in: Bay and 1 other fish who needs a home
What size tank will you house him/her in: 2.5g
Will the tank be heated: yes
How often will water be changed: twice weekly
Who will be the primary care giver of this betta: yes
Have you ever owned a betta before: Yes! several
hollyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #8 
karenluvsbettas623

Awesome! I was hoping someone would come forward and give Bay a home but I wasn't expecting to be that fast! just waiting for moonshadow's response now
karenluvsbettas623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #9 
MoonShadow

How on earth did I miss this? I apologize! Karenluvsbettas623 that is so sweet of you! Karen if you and Hollyk could both pm me we can set this up of your offer still stands! Thank you again!!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:05 PM   #10 
Graceful

Are there any bettas currently up for adoption?
Graceful is offline   Reply With Quote