Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #61 
spreadtoothinly

Ok, here's the video, hopefully it will imbed this time! (which like should I post the one at the top of the browser, or the one under "share"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45yJIgve1SU&feature=youtu.be
spreadtoothinly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #62 
spreadtoothinly

I forgot to mention...
I also got some Omega One Sinking Shrimp Pellets, but they are too big for them to eat whole, should I crush them, or can they pick them apart?
And, they don't seem very interested in food, like the first day I put in a pellet whole, and they were picking at it for a little while, but then left it. And today I crushed one up, but they didn't seem to notice it. (although I saw one eat a little bit)
Old 08-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #63 
spreadtoothinly

Testing says that my pH is still up at 8.2... I'm hoping it will go down, the ph from tap is around 7.8, so it's still quite high, but not above 8!

The cherry barbs are hiding more (I think they hadn't found hiding places before)... I'm planning to add more tomorrow, hopefully they will feel safer that way, and come out more.

I'm thinking of substituting the neons for something else, as I've read that they tend to have bad genetics due to interbreeding. Also, I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that all the fish are going to stay in the bottom/middle part of the tank, so I'd be looking for something that would stay in the top. Iv'e thought of rainbowfish, and Harlequin Rasbora so far..
Any suggestions?
Old 08-31-2013, 10:09 PM   #64 
spreadtoothinly

Talking Update!

Fish:
I went and got 4 more cherry barbs yesterday! They look SO much happier now!! Pics to come, I don't have the camera now...

Plants:
They seem to be doing well too! The pygmy chain sword are sending out runners! The little baby plants are SO CUTE!! The BP (tired of spelling that out...) is growing like crazy! One of them has probably grown two or three inches! The Water Sprite is growing too (though it's not as noticeable).
Old 10-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #65 
spreadtoothinly

Long time no update!!
I guess I'll go in chronological order.
The Cherry Barbs got ich! I turned up the heat, and left it up there for 1 1/2 weeks, they all recovered very well!
then I got 7 Harlequin Rasbora, they spawed after two days of being in my tank! I guess I am/was doing something right. then, yesterday one of them died. she/he (I'm pretty sure it was a she) had been acting kinda funny for the past few days, hanging about in the plants near the bottom of the tank. When I found it it's guts and tail fin had been eaten/sucked up by the filter. (I found it stuck to the intake) I have NO CLUE what happened! Any suggestions about what I should do? I checked the water parameters, they were fine! (0 ppm ammonia and NI, and around 2 ppm NA)
I'm planning (provided there are no more deaths) to replace the rasbora and get the corries in about a week (the 12th).

Here's an updated pic of the tank!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #66 
dramaqueen
Banned

Beautiful tank! I'm sorry about your rasbora. Could it have been the stress of giving birth and being in new surroundings? That's just a guess on my part. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:21 AM   #67 
Aurie

with that low of a bio load you could easily do 7 corydora. I like the Julii :)

If no other fish get sick or act funny it could be a 1 off. Sometimes you will never know.

Can I make a decor suggestion.. Put up a black background. It'll hide cords and make the fish and plants pop out. It's easier to do before setting get up the tank orb when you move it but you could do it after. I just use black poster board on mine and it works pretty well
Posted via Mobile Device
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #68 
spreadtoothinly

Quote:
Beautiful tank!
Thanks!!
Quote:
Could it have been the stress of giving birth and being in new surroundings?
I have no clue...
Quote:
Can I make a decor suggestion.. Put up a black background. It'll hide cords and make the fish and plants pop out. It's easier to do before setting get up the tank orb when you move it but you could do it after. I just use black poster board on mine and it works pretty well
I'll keep that in mind! Thanks!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #69 
Chesh

Just getting a chance to check in here, looks like things are going well over there! The tank looks nice! Congrats on the new fishums!!! ^.^
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #70 
Chesh

I was so sad to hear that you were having trouble with the little ones.
Hoping all has settled down over there, and things are looking brighter?
I know you've been busy with school, but if you get a chance, please pop in and let us know!
*hugs*
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote