Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #1 
thegameksk

Dead Betta :{

Hey guys. These past few days my one Betta has been acting really strange. He would only stay at the bottom of the tank and hardly move. Even when I would open the top for feeding he would still stay at the bottom of the tank. Just now I came out of my room to find him on the bottom of the tank dead. Hes not breathing and on his side. Do you guys know what he could have had? My concern is that he is in a split tank and now im worried about the other betta in the tank. Especially since I am leaving for a week due to xmas tomorrow. What should I do?
thegameksk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #2 
lilyrazen

Well, to be safe, do a 100% change if you think it could affect the other fish. Oh and, How big is the tank? is it filtered or heated? how often do you clean it?
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #3 
thegameksk

Its a split 10 gallon that has a heater and filter. I think my guy is ok. Hes active not lathergic like the other one was. Im going to keep the divider in place until I have time to sanitize the plants and decorations from the sick betta.
thegameksk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #4 
kelly528

Can you give us the water stats at the time of death?

This is the first and foremost thing you should do any time you have a death in your tank.

Any physical symptoms? Growths, color change, heavy breathing, flicking, erratic swimming, etc?

How often do you clean the tank and how much water do you change? Is it cycled?
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote