Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #9971 
Mary Kathryn

Here's Kurgan in his 5.5. I want some floating plants but I'm starting to think if I add many more I'll have to take the fish out. I keep thinking if I add more cover he'll stop with the fin biting. You can see the chunks he's taken out of his once impressive tail. Water params are spot on and he shows no sign of rot but I worry. Anyway....here's his home!

Mary Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #9972 
Toby1985

Here is Toby's tank :)
Attached Images

Toby1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #9973 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Kathryn View Post
Here's Kurgan in his 5.5. I want some floating plants but I'm starting to think if I add many more I'll have to take the fish out. I keep thinking if I add more cover he'll stop with the fin biting. You can see the chunks he's taken out of his once impressive tail. Water params are spot on and he shows no sign of rot but I worry. Anyway....here's his home!
It looks really good! I just want to note though, you have dwarf hairgrass which needs high lighting to grow. So if you want that stuff to grow I suggest getting a CFL (Compact fluorescent light) for your tank. It's the screw in fluorescent lights and either get 5,000 Kelvin or 6,500 K if you can find one. Home improvement stores/wal-mart generally have some nice cheap ones. But the watts don't matter, generally they're around 9-10 watts anyway but it will save you electricity and help your plants to grow!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #9974 
cubanbetta

Yeezus' new 4 gallon he's been in there for about a week and loves it so far.
In the tank I have 1 Dwarf lilly, 2 moss balls and a decent sized piece of mopani wood. I'm lloking to add shrimp some time this week. Since I put a few hiding spots for them I'm hoping they dont get eaten.
cubanbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #9975 
Torla

Ooh, that's a pretty tank, cubanbetta. :)
Torla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #9976 
Mary Kathryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
It looks really good! I just want to note though, you have dwarf hairgrass which needs high lighting to grow. So if you want that stuff to grow I suggest getting a CFL (Compact fluorescent light) for your tank. It's the screw in fluorescent lights and either get 5,000 Kelvin or 6,500 K if you can find one. Home improvement stores/wal-mart generally have some nice cheap ones. But the watts don't matter, generally they're around 9-10 watts anyway but it will save you electricity and help your plants to grow!

Thank you! Yes, I want the dwarf hairgrass to go crazy so I'll be getting one of those bulbs. It adds a really neat look to a tank, I think.
Mary Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #9977 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Kathryn View Post
Thank you! Yes, I want the dwarf hairgrass to go crazy so I'll be getting one of those bulbs. It adds a really neat look to a tank, I think.
I agree! I have it in my 3 gallon which I intend to make a grass tank basically so I'm super excited it's doing well. I use a T5 regular Fluorescent tube at 6,500K so if you can find a compact fluorescent light at 6,500K or around that, you should be set as well! I do also use SeaChem Flourish for an added fert since I just have sand but in all it's doing super well and I think yours will too once you get the new light! It will make your tank much brighter too and look less orangy which I tend to hate since I know it does nothing for my plants haha.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #9978 
blufish425

The first one is my girl Audrey's tank. Its 5 gallon, was supposed to be divided for Audrey and Athena. However, Athena has seemingly chronic SBD, so the second one is my setup for her with her special needs :)
Attached Images

blufish425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #9979 
JamieL

Diamond Sky and Princess Ariel the snail (my toddler names everything )
Attached Images

JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #9980 
JamieL

Plus the latest reorganization of Captain Hook and Mr Whiskers the cories' tank
Attached Images

JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank