Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2013, 01:08 AM   #811 
Sakura8

Thank you, Teresa, Bettalover, birdie, Jes.

In other news . . . just last week I started working on a sci-fi story and I decided to use electric catfish as the basis for an alien species. So Sparky will live on . . . as an alien.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:11 AM   #812 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Not the Sparkster! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

This made me so sad :( I'm sorry you lost His Zappiness. I feel like he was the unofficial forum mascot. Thanks for sharing your stories and pictures of him. I always looked forward to reading this thread to see what the little sausage was up to.

Hugs (((S)))
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:55 AM   #813 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Sparky= Officialy the most beloved fish on the forum???

Last edited by MattsBettas; 08-31-2013 at 08:05 AM.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:02 AM   #814 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
Sparky= Officialy the most beloved fish on the forum???
In my opinion - YES!! So sad that he has gone to the big lightning bolt in the sky
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:56 PM   #815 
dramaqueen
Banned

He had quite a following. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #816 
Chesh

He still does have a following! Sparky will live on in the hearts and minds of those followers, forever. . . his harem of pink snails lives on - spreading The Word of Spark to the world, one tank at a time (right now, my Kindy tank) The Sparkster will not be forgotten, but he will be so missed. . .

. . . not so sure about the reincarnation as a space alien, but amused nonetheless - writing is so good for the soul. *hugs*

Meg, I'm still too sad about this, Sparky was the greatest, I loved him. . . I am SO happy that you gave him a good home, and took the best care of him that you could. He never did get the giant tank you were working so hard to give him, but he was so much happier with you than he would have been if you'd left him where you found him - temp flux and included. Plus he had his pelletses, which brought him great joy!

He was almost unable to turn around in the shop tank when you found him, I can only imagine the invisible damage those early days in that tiny tank did to him. I wish people understood how important it is to give future 'monster' fish the space they need to grow and develop properly from a young age.

I'm so happy that you brought him home to love, and shared the experience with all of us. . . I'll miss the sweet sausage and his all-knowing and wise beady little eyes. . . and that adorable tum, stuffed full of pelletssssss.

*smiles in fondest memory of Sparky*
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #817 
Sakura8

Maybe being smooshed into that tiny shop tank stunted him and that's why he only got wider and not really longer?

Sparky would be truly touched knowing just how much people loved him. He always knew he had a following but I don't think the little sausage realized just how devoted his fans were. I'm glad I was able to have him as a buddy and so happy I was able to introduce him to everyone here on the forum.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #818 
Chesh

I always see people on here refer to the great fishtank in the sky. . . makes me smile to imagine that it's true.
. . .

The image I get of the Sparkster, all cherubic sausage-tato glowing. . . smiling benevolence down on all his minions. Of course the image isn't complete without feathery wings and a shimmering pink snail-shell halo. . . (and unlimited pelletsessss!)

^.^

I wouldn't be surprised if being kept in cramped conditions for all that time had something to do with it. It almost had to have. That tiny one you had for a bit shows how small they start life - and how quickly they must grow! I simply can't imagine it NOT having an effect on his lifelong health and growth. . . of course, the Sparkz was wild-caught, right? Not much of a breeding program for electro-cats, lol. So who knows. I'm just happy he was given a loving and clean home away from home while he was here. *hugs* You're such a good fishy momma. . .
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #819 
Sakura8

It was with sorrow that I went to turn off all of the filters and heaters in Sparky's tank today.

And then I saw this. What the bloody heck is this?!?!?!?! It's all around what I think was some leftover pellets. And I'm not sure but I think the assassin snails are dead. Did it kill them?
Name:  Slime.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  36.1 KB

Imma pay my dad to clean this tank out. I don't want to touch it.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #820 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Sparky! No! :( We will all miss the little sweet potato sausage. How do you get a fish autopsy done?
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote