Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #71 
Phantom Miria

Lol its hard to tell but they seem like best buds now, when I come up to the tank they both come up to me and kind of wiggle around and follow each other for a little while. Its not chasing and they aren't flaring anymore so I'm not sure what the deal is but they seem a lot more friendly to each other. Everyone other than that is getting along well so I guess it was a success. I'll definitely keep an eye on them and pull someone if its necessary but it looks to be pretty good from here hopefully.
Phantom Miria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #72 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh good! Yeah, female Betta's are weird haha. Some would agree they are nearly as confusing as human females lol! I'm glad though, hopefully they stay like that and decide not to kill each other >.<
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #73 
Phantom Miria

Hey guys,

I've been super busy working full time and getting ready for my game in Wyoming, etc. Anyways, a bit on an update on the growth -

Its looks like lilypad city!

I'm doing once a week 60-70% water changes but the tank really needs no maintenance or conditioners at this point. As for the girls- I wish they would just get along >:l Clarissa likes to nip and chase the others around while feeding. I've since learned to spread out food so she has her own little spot I can feed her and keep her distracted. Clary, Elly, Apple Bloom, Derpy, and Tessa are adamantly eating up anything I drop at them. Asteroth is really starting to scare me though, she hasn't eaten for at least 9 days! She goes up to the food and either just turns back or gets chased off by the big girl. She's showed no signs of sickness, sluggish behavior, gasping, etc. she acts normal but just isn't eating. If it keeps up I'm going to pull her out of the tank and treat her in a cup. As for Teressa, half the time I get her confused with Tessa (they have to be sisters) so I think they take turns surfacing and eating, its tough to tell lol.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #74 
Elsewhere

All I can say is WOW! That tank looks FABULOUS! I might have to get myself some lily pads... >:D
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #75 
Phantom Miria

Thanks!! =] I'm waiting for my Red Tiger lotus to flower and maybe bulb off. That's pretty much my biggest AQ goal I have left!
Old 09-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #76 
Elsewhere

Oh that would be so pretty! Have the girls decided who the alpha is yet?
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #77 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ummmm yeah, bottle ALL the growth your plants have a send it to me PLEASE! lol

After seeing your beautiful lily I had to get one for myself! Whew, the bulb is huge wasn't expecting that lol, but so far so good! Your pads look amazing!

And don't worry too much about Asteroth, all Betta's can survive a month or so without food. Yes it's not that healthy but they won't die if they don't eat. Now if she wasn't eating and she was bloated like bad, then yes I'd be worried. Have you tried frozen foods at all? I know she nearly killed me for frozen bloodworms lol well actually they all do XD They attack the tweezers and jump at it as soon as it get's near the water! Best thing ever, especially to watch in the sorority
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #78 
Phantom Miria

Clarissa is by far.. she's a big bully lol. Its cute though, when I come up to the tank she does her little wiggle dance for me and if any other girls come up to the front she nips them away like she's trying to keep me all to herself xD!!

Apple Bloom is definitely Betta (lol). When I remove Clarissa she gets pretty territorial!
Old 09-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #79 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Ugh I can't wait till mine fills in!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #80 
Phantom Miria

Just don't give up! :3