Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #221 
Tex Arcana

This sticky needs serious updating, all of the links in the primary article are dead and gone.
Tex Arcana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #222 
TessaBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbiker250dualsport View Post
i keep my betta in a 1 gallon fish bowl it has a light above for heat but no filter i cange the water 2 a week and feed it 2 times a day four pellets is this a good enviorment or should i change a few things
1 gallon i would say is to small, but mine are in 2 gallon tanks with no filter or anything but i do do water changes very often to keep it clean and healthy. ive had them live 4 years and more in this kind of tank, for me at least.
TessaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #223 
UserABC123

Smile Price of betta fish

How much on average do bettas cost at ur country? here i am able to get bettas ranging from 1 to no more than 5 dollars in burma i'm just curious of how much they would cost. veiltails are normally $1 and dumbo ears $3 i got my giant plakat for a fair deal of $5 he's a 4 inch giant plakat
UserABC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #224 
EmberDragoness

My betta and the betta before him didn't have filters... But my betta Neptune has a large tank and he seems pretty happy. It's really sad to see these tiny vases at the pet shop that don't even have enough room for the betta to turn around...
I got my old betta and my new one from Pet Co and all the bettas there are either sick, dead, or dying :/ There were one or two baby bettas that were okay, though...
EmberDragoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #225 
kirby13580

This post has been here for a LONG WHILE...
kirby13580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #226 
bloo97

A long while indeed.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #227 
Survivor2013

My fish is in a one gallon. I was given a smaller one for him but felt like it wasn't right. The one gallon is all I could afford. I have rocks which he loves. He seems very happy. I'm planning on adding a heater. I was told by the pet store lower 70s was ok. Now I know it's not. I'm also planning on getting a different plant. His is plastic, and i fear it's edges might be too sharp. He is not filtered, but I clean him often, and don't have issues with it getting too filthy.
Survivor2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #228 
Gallifrey

I'm just wondering why people believed those rice paddies were tiny to begin with.

My dad was born and raised in Cambodia. He grew up on a rice farm for part of his life, and he went fishing in the rice fields all the time. He caught a lot of betta fish, and ate the "normal" looking ones, but kept the "pretty" ones as pets. The rice fields are generally filled with a lot of water, by no means any "puddles". Those puddles would only happen when the season was over and the water naturally drained away or evaporated. The betta fish that didn't swim away before either of those two things happened would simply die shortly after. Other than that, bad rain season.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:52 AM   #229 
ao
TFK Moderator

mmm I wonder what a betta tastes like O_O

Sent from Petguide.com App
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:00 AM   #230 
Gallifrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
mmm I wonder what a betta tastes like O_O

Sent from Petguide.com App
He told me they tasted good. @_@ I just hope he doesn't decide to eat either of my boys as a midnight snack. T_T The ones he did keep he raised off mosquito larvae and some sort of vegetable that betta fish apparently love to eat.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote