Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #21 
Skyewillow

You're right, it's not a traditional yolk sac, since it's not actually hanging off of the belly when they're born. Mollies may need to eat sooner than guppies though, so I could be wrong there, but I've always fed my babies on day 2.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #22 
SeaKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
You're right, it's not a traditional yolk sac, since it's not actually hanging off of the belly when they're born. Mollies may need to eat sooner than guppies though, so I could be wrong there, but I've always fed my babies on day 2.
Truth be told these were not a planned spawn and are my first and only successful spawn thus far so I will admit my knowledge is limited to mostly what I have heard from others (looks like you've given me something to research)...
SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #23 
Skyewillow

Let me know what you find. I've only ever separated one drop, otherwise, I add more cover and raise mine in-tank to save myself some water changes.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #24 
SeaKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
Let me know what you find. I've only ever separated one drop, otherwise, I add more cover and raise mine in-tank to save myself some water changes.
will do....
Old 09-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #25 
resa

Ok so today I need to do a water change right? how much of the 1g water tank do I change? And do I use water conditioner? prime? aq salt? anything else?
resa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #26 
SeaKnight

I have only ever had them in a 10 gallon tank that I did a 50%-75% water change on after week 3. With 1 gallon tanks, I believe, they say to do 75%-100% every 3 days.. My suggestion to you is to do a slow water change (and yes, use Conditioner/Prime whichever is the one that dechlorinates) Take a piece of air hose and use it as a Syphon and a 1 gallon milk jug or ice tea jug filled with water and Stress Coat/Prime/Conditioner (again, whichever is the one that dechlorinates) already added. As the water begins to drain begin pouring the water from the jug slowly into tank until bottle is empty... Make sure the air hose is placed close to the bottom of the tank away from the fry* as you don't want to accidently suck them up....

*(I usually suction cup mine to the size of the tank with the opening facing a corner.)

Last edited by SeaKnight; 09-05-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #27 
resa

I did a 100% water change and their doing fine:)
Old 09-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #28 
SeaKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKnight View Post
I have only ever had them in a 10 gallon tank that I did a 50%-75% water change on after week 3. With 1 gallon tanks, I believe, they say to do 75%-100% every 3 days.. My suggestion to you is to do a slow water change (and yes, use Conditioner/Prime whichever is the one that dechlorinates) Take a piece of air hose and use it as a Syphon and a 1 gallon milk jug or ice tea jug filled with water and Stress Coat/Prime/Conditioner (again, whichever is the one that dechlorinates) already added. As the water begins to drain begin pouring the water from the jug slowly into tank until bottle is empty... Make sure the air hose is placed close to the bottom of the tank away from the fry* as you don't want to accidently suck them up....

*(I usually suction cup mine to the size of the tank with the opening facing a corner.)
That should have said side.

"I did a 100% water change and their doing fine "

Awesome!!!!

Last edited by SeaKnight; 09-05-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #29 
resa

I've found dead this morning on bottom of tank but others are thriving. I'm getting them pellets that's I grounded up
Old 09-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #30 
SeaKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by resa View Post
I've found dead this morning on bottom of tank but others are thriving. I'm getting them pellets that's I grounded up
Sorry to hear, but unfortunately it happens (My clutch was originally 16).. You could also try getting some Daphnia or cooked egg yolk mashed into a paste (I always hard boiled the eggs and then removed the yolk and mashed it with a fork)...