Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #1 
smiller1776

My plan of attack pls check it out and give your opion

ok I have a completed situation. I have 6 adult guppy with 30 fry of so at different stages of life, All have gold dusk really bad and the adults have some other issues going on as well. I also found a beautifully elephant ear Betta a petco with gold dusk pop eye and some more bad things going on as well so I had to to try to rescue and pet-co was really cool they where sory about the sick fish and gave 50% off….. I adding him to the guppy tank since they are all sick any way, which been treated with melafix/pimafix/ and kordon ick attack. for the past 4-5 days.(betta looked better in less than 24 hours)…. they are in a 10gal right know and where to be moved to a 55 but they are sick.
so here we go

I plan to take all fish at once put a 5 gal. bucket for a Epsom salt bath (can I add pimafix & melafix to that or just stay Epson?) for 20-30min (should I add a air stones as well).... then when time is up temporally move all the fish to a 100% disease free 5gal. heavily planted tank so they can distress.
I will then empty the 10gal. 100 % add new all ready cleaned sand while keeping the filter for the tank intake not to kill the bio filter action in there...Then 50% new water in the 10Gal. with all the proper water treatments‘, and melafix/pimafix/kordon brand ich attack(which works for the gold dust), And can you guess next, move all fish and water from the 5 gal heavily planted/established tank to the 10gal that is all ready fully treated and should be 100% disease free, and then continue the normal treatment with the meds.
and with the 5gal planting tank empty I will put all those plants in the 55 so I hope in3 weeks or so the fish are cured the Betta has his own 10 gal.
and the guppies are big pimpping in the 55g
so what do you think?
smiller1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #2 
rickey
Banned

Rust, Gold Dust Disease, Oödinium, Velvet is a highly contagious parasitic skin flagellate and no amount of pimafix, melafix and Epsom salt will rid your fish of it. It is a hard parasite to kill so the treatment is long and drawn out
Raise water temperature to mid 80s. No light for the span of treatment period. Treat with Copper safe or Quick cure for ten days.

rick
rickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:56 AM   #3 
smiller1776

yea My problem was before I had a lot of ghost shrimp and crawfish/minilobsters but I have moved them to the 55 gal. so I can finial go to the copper **** and quick cure, but I am going to finish with this kordon stuff to see if it works, and the light thing really makes a diff?
Old 09-06-2013, 03:40 AM   #4 
smiller1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller1776 View Post
ok I have a completed situation. I have 6 adult guppy with 30 fry of so at different stages of life, All have gold dusk really bad and the adults have some other issues going on as well. I also found a beautifully elephant ear Betta a petco with gold dusk pop eye and some more bad things going on as well so I had to to try to rescue
hence the other meds