Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2010, 08:49 AM   #1 
Just Add Love

Which Tank?

First off I have to say Happy New Years!

Next, Sorry that I keep bothering everyone, you must think I am starting to get annoying.

Ok well, I posted yesterday about my betta disliking his filter, actually I think he hated it. Well I decided I would try and take the tank down and see if I could return it back to Petco. Well they took it back with no problems and I got all my money back. Well I was going to buy another tank for him there but wasn't entirely sure what to do and it was closing time so I was being rushed. I came out empty handed.

My question to you is which tank should I get? I am thinking I should get a Kritter Keeper but I dont know if that would be a fine tank or not? Do you have any suggestions on a tank that has no filter or a filter with low bubble out-putter (I dont know I just threw a word out there). Oh and yes I do have a heater.

And now I feel like a TERRIBLE betta mommy cuz he is in a midget sized bowl he came with until I can get him a new tank. WHICH will be today, so he has not even been in his little tank 24 hours yet but I still feel awful because he gives me the "what did I do wrong face". BUT I am so glad that I am finding his personality out bit-by-bit. Awhile ago when I was still a believer that bettas lived in small bowls, I would have never noticed he didnt like the bubbles and that he actually had a personality BUT NOW its like WHAM. Human in fish from, man, a human in fish form *surfer dude voice*. But that is off topic.

Sorry for the long post.... I do that alot
Just Add Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #2 
okijapan

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/b...82/#post296909

This is a pretty good one, and you get a spare heater in case of breakage.

Aquarium Internal Filters: Aquarium Technology Inc Hydro-Sponge Filter
okijapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #3 
Eolith

I don't know whether you've got a Walmart handy or whether this fits your budget, but they've currently got a great deal on a 5 gallon aquarium with a filter and a heater and basically everything you need right off the bat, which is great. Plus, a five gallon is big enough that you could potentially put a divider in and get another betta. Just sayin'... ;D

The website says that there's free shipping to your local store, so even if the local store doesn't have it already you can have it shipped there at no charge.

Check it out:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=13228131
Eolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #4 
ThePearlFish

if you said that the tank you had originally was about 30 bucks, It looks like that good deal at walmart is only for like 10 dollars more, and it comes with everything it looks like, plus it is 2.5 g bigger than your original one ;)

~TPF
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #5 
Just Add Love

Ok thanks guys!

I will for sure be checking my local walmart for this! I hope they have one. I like that divider idea *shifts eyes* could come in handy. :) The fact that it is bigger and comes with the heater and everything else at that price... Awsomeness.
Just Add Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:34 AM   #6 
ThePearlFish

your mom will be like "oh no! what did I get myself into?!?" :P

~TPF
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote