Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #131 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

:-/ you're supposed to quarantine them for 2 weeks at least before introducing them into the tank in case there are diseases with them. I like to float mine in the big tank for the two weeks while changing water everyday/every other day unless they're sick but that helps for them to get to know each other. You can't just dump fish in there unfortunately.

Baby will be territorial because the tank is 'her' place so in order for a sorority to work you'd need to take her out, rearrange the tank and then introduce them all at the same time at a later date.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #132 
logisticsguy

We have a blue VT female in our sorority tank that has had a very swollen side just like blue. I tried the same course of Epson and kanaplex and it didn't do much. We have been expecting her to die for over a year now.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #133 
dancersmama79

the new lil blue one died and Blue died... But i fixed up the 5 gal for Baby and shes lovin it.... i guess she likes being by herself and the 2 new lighter clolored ones are in the big 20 and they chase each other and nip at each other but not much nipping is going on there.... so far so good.... at least next time i will know... Baby is twice the size of the new ones and i also thought that might have something to do with it too.... so far they all seem happy n healthy
dancersmama79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #134 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Size has nothing to do with it, it's all about introducing them properly, so like floating them in the tank for two weeks while doing daily/every other day water changes. As I said, you can't just throw them in like that, it's not how sororities work unfortunately. And you chance introducing diseases even if you think they look healthy, they can always be sick and you not know it.

I'm sorry about Blue though, you tried really hard though and that's what counts.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #135 
Sakura8

I'm sorry to hear about Blue. You did everything you could for her.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #136 
dancersmama79

my girls are doing just fine in their tanks.... im still doing weekly WCs in both tanks and feeding them once a day....
dancersmama79 is offline   Reply With Quote