Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #1 
SugarSelections

Hello! New to the forum but not to bettas

I posted in another section asking for advice for an ill betta and decided to come down here and introduce myself. I started owning bettas several years ago when I made a pity purchase at my local grocery store. Since then I've added many more fish to my home and I currently have 4 bettas and one dwarf pufferfish, each in their own Fluval Spec tank on the same stand. Currently my bettas are:

Stevie, a dark pink VT female from Petco who looked like a tiny, clear-ish minnow when I got her. She's about two years old and by far the most aggressive fish I've ever owned. She also loves to flare her beard, which shocked me when it first happened because I didn't know females could do that.

Theodore, a giant blue/green/red male from Petco (a "King" according to them) who is an absolute sweetheart but unfortunately dealing with some serious health concerns.

Koi, a cream/peach/red/turquoise VT male from Petsmart. He was fully grown when I got him and he is the ultimate scaredy cat. He flares and fluffs up his fins even at his nerite snail and food pellets and then swims away and hides.

Puff, a very small fully grown male turquoise/white dragonscale from Petsmart. He is extremely hyperactive and is starting to develop some vision loss.

A few other bettas have been a part of my family but have been lost to age, illness, or injuries (I have a serious weakness for the fish in bad shape at the store so some have lived only a day or two, but I am happy to have provided them with a safe, healthy environment to live out their final moments).

I am currently working on getting all my aquarium loaded to this site so they can bee seen on my "My Tanks" tab.

I also have two dogs, two cats, two sugar gliders, 30 land hermit crabs, and seven tiger nerite snails.

Last edited by SugarSelections; 09-09-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: added smaller pictures
SugarSelections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #2 
SugarSelections

Forgot to mention that I also have one dwarf puffer named Bumblebee.
SugarSelections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #4 
PeetaTheBetta

Welcome to the forum, and awesome fish!
PeetaTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote