Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #51 
Avalonian

Good to know! Thank you so much for your helpful information. I think I have a dechlorinator that has aloe vera in it so maybe I can hold off for now on buying yet another thing for Bacala.

Is 50% water changes ok since it's so frequent or do you reckon something higher?
Avalonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #52 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalonian View Post
Is 50% water changes ok since it's so frequent or do you reckon something higher?
You can do whatever you feel is necessary, I suggest more of the bare minimum's generally. So 50% every other day should be your minimum but you're more than welcome to do as much water changes as you like and as you can handle. If you want to do 50% everyday that's even better! Of course I wouldn't recommend like 50% changes 3 times a day haha but I think you get my point ^_^

I think a good happy medium is doing 30-50% one day and the next to do a bigger one around 70-80%. You can however split up a 50% to make it two 25% over an hour or so if you find it stresses out your fish less. So it's also how your fish will take it and all. It's pretty much guaranteed that your fish will be stressed out during a water change anyway but some stress more than other's is all. So just watch your fish and how he acts.

I do have one fish that seems to love water changes and playing in the flow of the water, he also likes to flare at the siphon lol. And then I have another that get's curious about the siphon but once he realizes it's water change time he sorts of freaks out and goes to hide behind his driftwood until I'm completely done. So each fish is different
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquafarm, aquaponics