Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2010, 11:11 PM   #11 
diruak

I know a pet store that sells them here, but they're not open this late. That 2.5 gallon looks huge!!!
diruak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #12 
Jupiter

I have one, though mine was made for 'bettas'. Instead of a filter, it came with a divider so each betta could have a gallon to himself. :/

The only con I can think of is that it scratches VERY easily. I found that out the hard way, lol. Make sure you're gentle with handeling it.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:42 AM   #13 
1fish2fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerOj View Post
If your wal mart doesnt have it you can go here:
http://www.amazon.com/Aqueon-Mini-Bo...2495033&sr=8-3

I think I'm going to get 1 or 2 once I have money saved up
WOW Thanks!!!! I didn't even think about amazon! Everywhere else charges so much in shipping that its not worth it but amazon is free. I got $25 from my aunt for christmas.. now I have to decide between plants and a new tank.. oh man

Ok this is gonna sound girly but do you think that blue hood will go good with my Blue Jeans boy?

in case you can't tell he is cream based with blue grizzling and a few red streaks in his tail and anal fins.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:09 AM   #14 
diruak

I think blue would go good I really want Black for Mercutio
diruak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:33 AM   #15 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I have 4 of them and LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Completely silent, easy to clean, and they cycle easily. Keep looking around for deals. I've seen some out on CL too.

Good luck.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #16 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
WOW Thanks!!!! I didn't even think about amazon! Everywhere else charges so much in shipping that its not worth it but amazon is free. I got $25 from my aunt for christmas.. now I have to decide between plants and a new tank.. oh man

Ok this is gonna sound girly but do you think that blue hood will go good with my Blue Jeans boy?

in case you can't tell he is cream based with blue grizzling and a few red streaks in his tail and anal fins.
Oooh he's GORGEOUS!! I'd get a purple lid! :D
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #17 
1fish2fish

Purple is what I wanted but they don't offer it on the amazon/petco site :(... I've talked it over with my mom and I really need to spend that money on plants because my 10 gallon is bare since I've decided to fully plant. After I buy my plants I'll see how much is left over and will either get the blue one or splurge on the purple one.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:37 AM   #18 
Scienceluvr8

I have the purple 2.5 minibow, and honestly the first thing i did was replace the filter. I know that seems kind of dumb since the price of tank also includes that of the filter, but I just didn't like it. It mainly was just too bulky and I believe that's what damaged my betta's dorsal fin....anyways, i replaced it with a red sea nano deco art filter, and other than that, I couldn't complain. :)
Scienceluvr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #19 
1fish2fish

Thats why I'm keeping my filter.. so it doesn't seem like such a waste.. It should work in a 5 gallon tank so I'll just keep it and buy a new cartridge whenever I have a need for the filter.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #20 
KatelynsGuppiesAndBettas

I would say do not get any tanks from Wal-Mart, i bought a 1.5 gallon tank that comes with a filter just like the one that comes with the tank you are looking at and the filter just over all sucks. its fine for like 3 days but after that its no good. Also my tank kept getting cloudy but the pH level was perfect and my two male guppies seem happy. I thought it was the plant so i took that out and did a water change and still no change in the cloudyness. then i took the gravel out and did a 100% water change. still cloudy. So i just figured give it a week for the filter to clear it up. well the next day my filter just stoped working right so i took the filter out and now i clean the tank once a week and the only thing in there is the heater. i went to Fish.com and i am getting there 5 gallon tank for them and may use my 1.5 for a betta or i may get a goldfish for the heck of it and put it in there.

I recomand you go to a pet store and get a tank or go to Fish.com

KatelynsGuppiesAndBettas
KatelynsGuppiesAndBettas is offline   Reply With Quote