Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #11 
kelly528

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
That's why I was unsure, my one plant requires 12 hours of light a day minimum - so I actually forgot the correct length without plants lol.
If this is the case you need a higher-wattage light, not a longer photoperiod. Many planted tank sites recommend 8 hours max and anything else is an invitation for algae. For bettas I give a max of 6 hours of light since they like their 'dark-time'. In fact, Lou bites his tail whenever the light is on so I keep it off as much as possible.
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:54 AM   #12 
dr2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly528 View Post
If this is the case you need a higher-wattage light, not a longer photoperiod. Many planted tank sites recommend 8 hours max and anything else is an invitation for algae. For bettas I give a max of 6 hours of light since they like their 'dark-time'. In fact, Lou bites his tail whenever the light is on so I keep it off as much as possible.
Thanks, but my tank is doing just fine with everything.... I didn't need any advice.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #13 
ShArP

Thanks again!
ShArP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:46 PM   #14 
BettaFox

Wink Thanks for Info!:D

Omigosh I was wondering the same thing considering I have the SAME EXACT TANK AS YOURS?!It has a black cover but same model....I also have a Male Betta named Sharky ;3 Got him yesterday from Petco bought the fish tank today after having him in a vase D; Glad you rescued the cute Betta!
BettaFox is offline   Reply With Quote