Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #1 
Starchild21

Question Wanting attention...?

Ok I want to know if anyone else's betta's do this.

Every so often I get incredibly busy that I can't just sit in front of my tanks for hours and talk to the boys, when this crazy time happens one of my baby's Draven seems to get ''sick'', well he starts acting sick so I'll go make sure he is ok spend time monitoring him,then after probably 10 minutes of me making sure he is ok he comes good again and acts like nothing was wrong o.O

What I want to know is does anyone's betta's do this also?
Is he seeking attention cause he miss' me?
How can I stop him doing this in my busy times cause next year will be worse with uni :/

thanks guys <3
Starchild21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:40 AM   #2 
Skuldane

Do you have lots of decoration or things for him to do? I heard changing items around the tank to mix up his surroundings helps. They are very active and like to explore and investigate. Also heard ping pong balls are entertaining, apparently they can 'nose" or push them around.
Skuldane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:47 AM   #3 
KeshiaB

My guy totally does this, except the opposite! Whenever I turn my attention to him he starts to look all mopey and stops whatever he is doing, then as soon as I turn away he does this cheeky little wiggle dance and carries on like normal (I can see him out the corner of my eye), I swear they are like toddlers sometimes!
KeshiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #4 
xShainax

Sebastian is guilty of that. This morning I looked at him and he was wiggling happily. Turned away, he sunk to the bottom of the tank, turned around to watch him, all better
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:11 AM   #5 
RainbowsHaven

Yesterday Gallifrey kind of did this. Occasionally he'll zoom and wiggle around the tank for a few minutes, but never for more than 3-5 minutes at a time. Yesterday he did it for like 20 minutes though! I went over and checked on him a few times and he wouldn't stop until I finally sat down and put my face right near the tank and talked to him for a few minutes. He had me legitimately starting to worry, though!
RainbowsHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #6 
TheTrojanBetta

Odysseus does this, for sure! Perks up whenever I come near. Except that for him it's actually escalated to him chewing off his tail and fins whenever I am gone for more than a couple of hours at a time. Yesterday I came home to an inch long ray on the floor of his tank, bitten clean off. He's all but stopped tail biting when I'm around, but his tail is still getting shorter so I know it's still happening. We're working on it.
TheTrojanBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:04 AM   #7 
Starchild21

Skuldane: he has so much to do in his tank that it;s driving me crazy, I change it up once a week by moving plants and decor just to give him something new to look at etc.

KeshiaB, xShainax, RainbowsHaven and TheTrojanBetta: I'm glad that Draven isn't the only one who does this and that there are many more crazy betta babies out there :3
Starchild21 is offline   Reply With Quote