Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #31 
Laki

Aw he looks very special indeed. Never let the memories fade, they're sometimes all we have left in the physical world. What a lucky boy he was to get to spend 16 years with you and your family. I can tell he has tonnes of charm. It will take time but you will be whole again.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #32 
Chevko

For the memories you may be worried about losing: Write them down. Yes, it will hurt like hell when you do so, but you'll happier in the long run I believe. I wish I could have had the mind to write down the memories I liked about Sam the First, Sam the Second and (my dog) Socks, but I was about 6-8 at the time sooo... But yes, if you have loved memories of him, write them down. Don't let the sands of time slip them from you.
Chevko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:31 AM   #33 
percyfyshshelley

Lillie, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a sweetie. It looks like you gave him a wonderful and a long life.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #34 
LillieCharlotte

He was definitely a mama's boy, but he was very VERY close to the whole family.
here's a video of him hiding under a blanket
http://youtu.be/dPIJ55tnJSc

I can't help but feel like he died from a broken heart because I moved out :C I saw him play ball less than two weeks before...
LillieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #35 
Blue Fish

Chevko is right about writing your stories down. You will be *SO* thankful later on...and the process of writing down all those wonderful things you remember about him will also help you right now. It will hurt, but you have to hurt before you can get better. :)

And this is easy to say and hard to do, but don't feel guilty. You had to move out, and dogs understand. They may want you to come home, but they also know that you love them, and any time you visited was even more special for him. Dogs understand that things change, and that you still love them and are part of their pack. :)

I'm so sorry for your loss, it's a hard, hard thing. Take your time and don't ever feel bad for grieving. Animals are a part of your family, and losing something you love hurts, no matter who or what they are.

You'll see him again. :) Gone is not forever. :)

Last edited by Blue Fish; 09-14-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #36 
walterismyfirst

You should ask them about it!
walterismyfirst is offline   Reply With Quote