Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #31 
Dwarden3

Every religion shows some period of violence, either past, present, or future. Sometimes all three.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #32 
Freyja
Banned

Disagreeing is not being rude Perseus. It's simply that, disagreeing.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #33 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Religions are a human construct Matt so your premise is invalid. Study the Quran alongside historical context and you'll find that as Muhammad gained more power and got more violent so did his "revelations". He started out wanting his people to assimilate since they were the weaker party and so the Quran started out about love but then it became about him and his assimilating others or destroying them. They are Borg.

Alright Freyja and saying another members premise is invalid ...not rude ? You could have said I disagree with you but no you called his comment invalid o.O Saying someone`s comment is invalid leads me to think someone`s opinion doesn't matter or count and yes it does matter and to me it does count unless it was just all kind of crazy on so many levels which it was not

By the way when you call them Borg you mean half human and half machine like from Star Trek right ?

Anyway I am here to moderate so unless you would like to discuss this in pm I am dropping it so tread lightly I would not like to have to close this thread. Thank you
Old 09-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #34 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Please be respectful of other's thoughts and opinions.....
I would be terribly hurt if I was the average Muslim stumbling into this thread, and I've met them, and I'm around them every day, and they are quite normal people like anyone else at my school... The way you talk about these people saddens me.

Religions are for the most part ancient texts, from times that were terribly different. I think religious folks are starting to accept the modern/need to start accepting the modern if they haven't. EG all Muslims aren't out to get us; Christians start accepting same sex relations (don't start on this it's just an example). Just as there are TONS of Christians who are totally accepting of same sex relations, there are TONS of Muslims who are totally fine befriending us other people and being peaceful. There is a difference between looking at a religious text literally, page for page, and looking at it for the bigger picture, understanding parts of it that were okay 3000 years ago but in our modern world should just be overlooked as "religious history." Interpretation of religious texts was something we went over quite a lot in high school, and is what separates those of us living in 2013 from any fanatics.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #35 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
Alright Freyja and saying another members premise is invalid ...not rude ? You could have said I disagree with you but no you called his comment invalid o.O Saying someone`s comment is invalid leads me to think someone`s opinion doesn't matter or count and yes it does matter and to me it does count unless it was just all kind of crazy on so many levels which it was not

By the way when you call them Borg you mean half human and half machine like from Star Trek right ?

Anyway I am here to moderate so unless you would like to discuss this in pm I am dropping it so tread lightly I would not like to have to close this thread. Thank you
Wow...I did not say that his opinion didn't matter. I said his premise was invalid. He stated that religions don't hate, people do. Religions are a human construct so his premise that religions don't hate is invalid because the people are the religion. All the hate found in religion comes from the people who created it. Ergo religions hate because people hate. See Perseus, it is not his opinion I was saying was invalid but the premise.

Now, threatening forum members, that is rude.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #36 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Please be respectful of other's thoughts and opinions.....
I would be terribly hurt if I was the average Muslim stumbling into this thread, and I've met them, and I'm around them every day, and they are quite normal people like anyone else at my school... The way you talk about these people saddens me.

Religions are for the most part ancient texts, from times that were terribly different. I think religious folks are starting to accept the modern/need to start accepting the modern if they haven't. EG all Muslims aren't out to get us; Christians start accepting same sex relations (don't start on this it's just an example). Just as there are TONS of Christians who are totally accepting of same sex relations, there are TONS of Muslims who are totally fine befriending us other people and being peaceful. There is a difference between looking at a religious text literally, page for page, and looking at it for the bigger picture, understanding parts of it that were okay 3000 years ago but in our modern world should just be overlooked as "religious history." Interpretation of religious texts was something we went over quite a lot in high school, and is what separates those of us living in 2013 from any fanatics.
Posted via Mobile Device
And yet atrocities continue to occur to this day, 2013, thanks to those lovely, peaceful texts written thousands of years ago. "All it takes for evil to succeed is for a few good men to do nothing." Speak out, act against the fanatics. Sadly most of them are quite silent about the whole thing.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #37 
ao
TFK Moderator

Freyja, your sarcastic remarks about someone else's belief is not appreciated. This forum is not your playground for gleefully spreading negativity. Thread will now be closed.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #38 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thank you, aokashi! I see no threats to any forum members.
Closed Thread