Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #11 
BettaFox

You could still put up a buisness card saying how some can last up to reguarly 3 years with proper care and the benefits of owning Betta(s) ;3? How easy they CAN be to care for....-.-?
BettaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #12 
Zenandra
Banned

If everyone did only what was allowed there would be no progress in the world :) I have had a lot of success just carrying these with me when I know im going to a pet store, and just giving them to people who look like they are interested in buyng a betta.
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #13 
dr2b

You could. But I work in retail. My employer does what many others do. They say they'll post something or allow you too. And when you leave they throw them away.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #14 
BettaFox

Still posting the benefits of owning one is great right?Rather then requirements...?Still its unfair to have dying Betta Fish I can't wait to have a job at a pet store :D
=3 For the BETTAS!
BettaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #15 
HopeInHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
But then customers wouldn't keep coming back then.... the point of the business is you want them to keep coming back. They make people do that by letting them continue to be uneducated. Trust me, they'll throw them away (unless you are in good with the business). I've worked in retail far to long.
wow that's really disappointing.
HopeInHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #16 
dr2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeInHeart View Post
wow that's really disappointing.
It's the sad truth. I know my petsmart already has brochures that are pretty accurate. I think posting things advertising this website are awesome ideas. But posting how to care or w/e I think they will be against.

This has been an ongoing argument for ages. This isn't the first time we've had this argument on this forum. Every so many months people say they are going to do this and it always falls through.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

My Petsmart has it's own caresheets on all their aquatic animals.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #18 
Zenandra
Banned

Well maybe people need to learn to be more persistent. I hate hearing that people can't make a difference, it's BS. I grew up learning that if you put your mind to something, then there's nothing you won't be able to accomplish. Maybe it's a more "rose colored glasses" view of the world, but I like to believe that people can change wrongs when they really try, and I'm not going stop believing that, and I'm not going to stop trying. I've gotten one walmart to stop selling bettas, another to put up proper care sheets and cut their shipments in 1/2, I've gotten numerous people who walked into a petstore with the intention of buying a betta and a bowl to walk out with a betta and some kind of 2.5 - 5 gallon aquarium, a heater and filter just by approaching them and striking up a conversation.

So don't tell me that it's not possible for one person to make a difference, because I know from experience that it is. And if more people believed that they can make a difference then more people would make a difference.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:02 PM   #19 
Zenandra
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
My Petsmart has it's own caresheets on all their aquatic animals.
Yes and petsmarts caresheets (at least the ones by me) say that Oscars, Red Devils, Jack Dempsys, Bala Sharks and so on only need to live in 30 gallon tanks
Old 01-09-2010, 11:04 PM   #20 
dr2b

I'm not saying one person can't make a difference. I believe they can. But some large chains can't post these types of cards. I know one of the stores I worked at - we couldn't do any other advertising for ANYTHING other than the company stuff they gave us. We'd get fined if we had it.