Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #1 
Kirrikat14

Buying directly from breeder

I am looking for info and recommendations on buying a betta from a breeder inside the U.S. Has anyone done business with anyone they would recommend? I am shopping for a dragon scale, plakat type male betta. A black one would be wonderful. I've seen a few breeders on the internet, but I'd like to hear about everyone's positive and/or negative experiences with breeders before jumping in with both feet. All input welcome
Kirrikat14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #2 
txbettaowner

many others and myself have had negative experiences with Chard56's bettas. I know a few breeders who do PKs but I don't know if they do dragon PKs. I know a breeder who does dragon HMs but not PKs. Good luck on your search.
txbettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #3 
Kirrikat14

Thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbettaowner View Post
many others and myself have had negative experiences with Chard56's bettas. I know a few breeders who do PKs but I don't know if they do dragon PKs. I know a breeder who does dragon HMs but not PKs. Good luck on your search.
Thanks for your info, Tx. I do appreciate it. If I can't locate a dragon scale PK, I'd be okay with a dragon HM. If you could point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful
Kirrikat14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #4 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Uhh... The vast majority of Chard56 customers have been extremely satisfied and some are repeat customers.

There are lots of good breeders on the forum.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #5 
Mo

I know of one breeder in Austin, tx who has an HMPK female dragon for sale and one in arlington who has multiple HMPK dragons males and females of excellent quality for ten dollars each
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #6 
Mo

This seller has multiple dragons available, and this one has one female available, but if you contact her I'm sure she'll have more. There's another seller but they have none listed as of right now
Old 09-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #7 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
Uhh... The vast majority of Chard56 customers have been extremely satisfied and some are repeat customers.

There are lots of good breeders on the forum.
I too have heard great things about Chard56 from many other users....and constantly drool over his fish in Aquabid (wishing I didn't live in Canada and could actually buy some!). Basement Bettas is another reputable breeder who participates in the forum here.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #8 
Chard56

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbettaowner View Post
By many others, I assume they are your imaginary friends. I realize I can't make everyone happy but just because you weren't happy and I refunded the money for your Betta doesn't offset the other three thousand people I've sold Bettas to that were very pleased with their purchase. The other person you're talking about that I sent $100 worth of my Bettas in trade for a couple of her Bettas that were sick and missing a ventral fin doesn't have any right to throw stones either.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #9 
Mo

I've never bought Bettas from you personally but I've heard great things, maybe you can PM the OP about any HMPK dragons if you do have any?
Old 09-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #10 
txbettaowner

We are not gonna argue this Richard, Kirrikat14 asked about breeders and I gave my experience. That is all.
txbettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote