Betta Fish Forum banner

4 fish in a 14 gal divided?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  sunset 
#1 ·
would 4 bettas in 14 gal divided be too much? i currently have 3 in a 10 gal, and i noticed that petco had their aqueon kit on sale yesterday when i was there 14 gal kit for $40.

would this work? i can't really afford too much more.

thanks!

#2 ·
It should work. They will each have 3.5 gallons. You could also use it for a sorority tank.

#6 ·
Yay for a bigger tank :) I was going to say a 14 gal divided 4 is fine. As for 20 you could divide "technically" up to 8 but I think it would look better with 5. I have a 29 gallon divided for my 5 boys and they love it! Good luck with your new tank! :)

#9 · (Edited)
Hmmm I would probably just go ahead and divide 5 ways. I find that the first time I put dividers in they are much sturdier than after water changes. It is the worst experience finding two males in one section :( As for which of those two males, which would I get, hmmm that's a really hard choice! I guess it would depend if any of my bettas already had those colors. If not I would probably get the green/blue DT just because I rarely see and green males at my LFS. But it's all up to you :) Can't wait to see the new addition!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.