Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #31 
Bootsie

I posted pictures. I thought you all deserved it :) I'm still waiting for Luke and Hans' colors to pop, they're mostly grey. http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....66#post3038266
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #32 
Skuldane

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachii View Post
I've only called and emailed the corporate of Wal-Mart for our fish section once. ALL the freshwater tanks were infested with Ick so badly that you could barely tell the color of the fish they were so spotted and white. I was so upset, there were dead fish laying everywhere, it was horrible. Not only that but they were SELLING these animals that were sick and contagious. I got several phone calls and the assurance it would be taken care of, checked a week later and most of the fish looked better, they actually treated them and cleaned all the tanks. Actually paid someone over time to come in on their day off to do it fast, which Wal-Mart NEVER does, it was that bad.

I won't open a new container but I will rummage in the cabinets and find food and do water changes for the bettas and hide the dead ones so kids don't see them in the sink, but always have a Wal-Mart employee standing there while I do it. :P
I love you! Haha
Skuldane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #33 
JustinieBeanie

You did the right thing! And I applaud you for teaching your son about proper pet care and encouraging compassion for bettas, something Walmart and many other stores clearly lack.
JustinieBeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:21 AM   #34 
fidget

And...I'm crying. Great story, thanks for sharing and taking those guys home. I can't wait to see more pics.
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #35 
karenluvsbettas623

In my area, all walmarts stopped selling fish, I would like to see that happen in every walmart. They are not a petstore! they have no business selling anything live! And you should be very proud of your son for being so confident and standing up for what is right!
karenluvsbettas623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #36 
Jennifer Vazquez

I used to work at walmart when they had fish. They don't carry fish anymore, but anyway If you really want to get something done don't talk to the store manager talk to the district manager. usually most walmarts have the name of the store manager as well as the district manager on a sign on a wall, usually at the entrance of the store or near the customer service desk or in or near the bathrooms, or in the back where they have layaway. The store managrs answer to the district managers, so if you tell him/her what happened you will definatly help the fish, and maybe even get your money back. good luck, and let us know what happens.
Jennifer Vazquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #37 
SerenaRena
Banned

Smile

What a great thing you did!
SerenaRena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:32 AM   #38 
Saber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Vazquez View Post
I used to work at walmart when they had fish. They don't carry fish anymore, but anyway If you really want to get something done don't talk to the store manager talk to the district manager. usually most walmarts have the name of the store manager as well as the district manager on a sign on a wall, usually at the entrance of the store or near the customer service desk or in or near the bathrooms, or in the back where they have layaway. The store managrs answer to the district managers, so if you tell him/her what happened you will definatly help the fish, and maybe even get your money back. good luck, and let us know what happens.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. I have worked retail on and off since I was 16, at four different stores, and let me tell you, district managers do NOT want to hear bad things about their stores, because that in turn falls on their shoulders. I cannot speak for the particular district manager in question, but I have a feeling he or she will take your complaints at least somewhat seriously. DMs also do visits to their stores, so if you arm them with a very valid complaint like this, someone is probably going to get in trouble at that WalMart (as they should) for allowing the bettas to get into such horrid condition.
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #39 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
So,t he store manager apologized for the workers actions. He did back them up and explained I was asked to leave because I opened items before paying for them and he said it was just like I had opened chips and began eating them.
That is such BS. I have done it myself with no problem and people give their kids snacks off the shelf all the time and pay on their way out.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #40 
Weaver

Our Walmart recently stopped having fish so.... yay for my area.
Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote