Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #1 
Nelsonfish

Betta setup

Hey guys read my other post please! but that aside I was wondering what a good setup would be fore a 5.5 gallon tank for a elephant eared betta. Should i get some ghost shrimp? any body know much about them? thanks!
Nelsonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #2 
Skuldane

What other post?

Anyways ghost shrimp are wicked cool and keep the tank amazingly clean. Get 1 or 2 for now and see how he reacts to them. He may react bad or he may accept them. Either way where i live they are only 50 cents so it doesnt hurt to try. If he gets along with them you should get more shrimp, they sell them in all kinds of colors and whatnot. I have some sakura reds, some sunkist and some ghost. I love them, they are fun to watch.
Skuldane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #3 
LouiMon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuldane View Post
What other post?

Anyways ghost shrimp are wicked cool and keep the tank amazingly clean. Get 1 or 2 for now and see how he reacts to them. He may react bad or he may accept them. Either way where i live they are only 50 cents so it doesnt hurt to try. If he gets along with them you should get more shrimp, they sell them in all kinds of colors and whatnot. I have some sakura reds, some sunkist and some ghost. I love them, they are fun to watch.
Mine don't seem to do much cleaning at all :S

How many do you have? I have 5 in my 10 gallon. Would adding some more make a difference? I've had mine for two months and my Betta hasn't bothered them once.
LouiMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #4 
Skuldane

At the moment I have 2 ghost 2 sakura red and 2 sunkist shrimp in my 10 gallon. Mine grab anything thats on the floor and eat it.
Skuldane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #5 
Nelsonfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuldane View Post
What other post?

My first post about my starting! thx!
Nelsonfish is offline   Reply With Quote