Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #21 
amycatttt

I'm trying not to worry so much. Thankyou for being here to answer my questions, i'll let you know if he starts taking full advantage of the hammock.
amycatttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #22 
amycatttt

theres a cave in the decoration he has now. Its hallow in the middle and he went into it a couple of times yesterday but never stayed in it for long
Old 09-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #23 
Skuldane

My old betta would sleep on the leaf of my plant. It was the cutest thing ever.
Skuldane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #24 
Skuldane

Oh ok good. I couldn't see it was hollow. He will settle down. And you are most welcome. Feel free to ask anytime and I'll try my best to help
Old 09-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #25 
ANHEL123

I agree take the filter out. I was wondering if you acclimated him slowly to the new water.
Also those new decorations that you put are aquarium safe right?
Keep close eye on him. If he would not feel good or get worse i would suggest to do more water changes to make sure nothing in the water. I know he might has new bigger tank syndrome and the filter all together is stress. And i think you might not acclimate him. But i also paranoid about new decorations in the tank as some people saying that sometimes even they are from the pet store , still might be not safe.
So keep eye and let us know how he doing.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #26 
amycatttt

I floated him in a plastic bag and he was really going crazy running into the walls of the bag and he was breathing really hard and I got so scared so I didn't wait ten minutes like I was supposed to. It scared the **** out of me my heart was racing so fast to see him struggle like that. I really care for the little guy! But I have good news! He is seemingly back to his old self when I walked into the room he brightened up and ate like a champ. I think he is doing much better now. Hopefully it stays this way! Thank you so much guys
Old 09-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #27 
Skuldane

Share some more pictures of the little trooper! =P
Old 09-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #28 
ANHEL123

well be careful with the filter. You can't turn it off and back on , its not working this way. I would also recommend what sunlight did. Keep regular water changes since you was doing it for 11 month. And next time when you change him you don't have to use the bag to acclimate him

Here is a few variations that's pretty simple:
1. can have betta in the changing cup with about 15% of the water and keep adding small amount of the new water about every 5 min for about 5-6 times -this way you he will get used to the temperature:)

2. Note the temperature of the water.

Using a plastic cup, scoop him, along with some of his water, into the cup.
Clean out the tank. Refill with water at the SAME temp. Be sure to add the correct amount of water conditioner.
Float his cup in the tank for about 15 min. (Study during this time. If he sits longer, it's OK.)
Add a SMALL amount of NEW water to the cup. (Several tablespoons, or about 1.5 ounces.)
Let his cup float for about 10 min. (Study during this time. If he sits longer, it's OK.)
If the cup starts to fill too much, remove a SMALL amount of water from the cup. Discard it.
Repeat steps 5-7, until about an hour has passed. (If he sits longer because you're studying, that's OK.)
Gently release him into the tank.

3. To do a water change, use a little cup like a plastic solo cup - this cup must be only for him and have never been used with soap or other chems. Scoop him up in this cup (keep him in the cup about 1/4 full of water - it doesn't need to be much because he won't be in it for long) and leave him in the cup while you change his water. To do the 50% use a turkey baster - dedicated only to him that has never seen soap or chems - and drag it through the gravel and try to suck as much of the poop out as possible, in addition to 50% of the water. Use a thermometer under the running tap to get it to be the same temp as the water that is normally in his tank. When the thermometer says the flowing tap is the right temp, fill back up his tank. At this point, add the conditioner (dose for how much water you change - if you change half the water you add half gallon worth of conditioner, If you do a 100% water change dose for the full gallon change). Float his plastic cup with him in it in the new water. Slowly add a couple tablespoons of the new water into his cup every 10 minutes for at least an hour. Finally, dump him in gently but try to get as little of the old cup water back into the tank as possible. When you do the weekly 100% you will do mostly the same thing except empty his tank fully and rinse everything in it very well under warm water but never use soaps or chemicals. Once it's fully cleaned/rinsed you can refill it and repeat the cup/acclimate phase.

4. When I change the water I put him in the cup I got him in then I take everything out of the tank, rinse everything with warm tap water. Then I put everything back in the tank, fill it with dechlorinated new water, and then turn the heater on. When the tank water is the same as the cup water , then take the dirty cup water out and a little at a time and put clean tank water in the cup. After that I put the cup in the tank and he swims out.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote