Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #11 
Blue Fish

Babystarz, I used the full dose, I'll definitely try dialing it down. :) I've got the batches separated into four different containers, so I can do some experimenting on them. ;) I can't help myself...I really need to know... ;)

And Kitties, I had some bad luck at first, so I finally started getting just one bunch at a time, until I could figure out what I could keep alive, and where in the tank, and go from there. :) Saved me some expense in buying several sets of plants only to have them die. :P
That was a big part of it at first for me, some things are okay in the back where they get a little less light, others need to go RIGHT up front where they get a full dose. I was under the idea that camboda was a low-light plant at first, and melted six bunches of it over the course of a month because I had it tucked into corners. Now I know better, and it's done really well now that I've moved it more directly under my lamps. :)

If all else fails, water wisteria. ;) I don't think you *can* kill it, lol! ;)

Last edited by Blue Fish; 09-18-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #12 
Kittiesdragons

Water wisteria IS very pretty. I can't wait to set up my 10 gal NPT :p
Kittiesdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #13 
Blue Fish

I love it, every time I find some I pick it up. :) I love how it floats, and can be planted, or tied to stuff...ahhh...it's just my favorite plant, lol! I'm such a dork. ;)

And I love how even when *leaves* fall off, they root out, lol! It's the most self-propagating thing I've ever seen. ;)

Tricker sells it (www.tricker.com) and the bunches they send out are HUGE! One warning though, they grow it above ground, so it looks quite a bit different (the leaves have a different shape), but once it starts growing in your tank, all new foliage will be the pretty lacy leaves that you usually think of when talking about wisteria. :)
Old 09-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #14 
peachii

The roots were all dirty from being in the outside pond, that's why he said no that we would wait until next year and get them the day they open the pond section on the Open House sale day.

and wth, I was on the other thread and it posted to this one O.o

Last edited by peachii; 09-19-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: weird
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #15 
Blue Fish

Oh...weird! I wonder if I can get the other one closed or deleted...I was so busy freaking out thinking that this was some horrible giant worm thing and that we were all going to be "infected" that I cross-posted. :P