Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #91 
Abawhite2021

UPDATE!!!

Fishy seems stable. I just did a 75% water change on him and he seems normal. he hasnt lost any more of his fins (knocks on wood) and that white stuff i've been seeing IS fin regrowth! His tail fin is now growing back. He's also very happy and super active in our living room. if hes not watching us he watching the TV set so he's seriouly entertained. I forgot at my job he spent all day watcing people walk back and forth, for a fish i guess thats never a dull moment. Hopefully fishy will continue to improve. Also the API cure all for parasites came today...you never know i may need it.

I'll post again, hopefullu with more good news!
Abawhite2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #92 
ANHEL123

Oh good !!!! I am glad , he is busy now , too much going on in the room lol
It always good to have medications on hands. I have all kind of med's and salts.
Will wait for the update:)
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #93 
Abawhite2021

i have a bit of a question. I want to change fishy's water today. Its getting yucky and he needs his whole one gallons replaced (i have to get the furan 2 out of the water) but the water i have is too cold and idk how to heat it up. How do you go about doing it? My mother sugested i bowl some water and then put the one gal contaner inside the warm water but that could make it TOO hot. DO you have any sugestions?
Old 09-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #94 
ANHEL123

so sorry i missed your question did you change the water already. How he doing? Sorry remind to me as i remember his one gall inside of the 5 gall right?
5 gall kept the stable temp right?
What you can do is put his tank in the heated 5 gall tank. You can put him in the zip lock back with a little bit of his original water . Fill up the one gall with the new water. Put one gall inside of the heated tank. Let the bag floate in his new water(one gall tank) . Keep adding a little bit of the new water about 1-2 tablespoon every 5 min for about 40 min that will let him acclimate gradually to the new water. And meanwhile his one gall tank will also getting warmer gradually. You need to leave the bag a little open for the air
Or you can float him in the changing cup and keep adding the new water the same way
Or you can scoop him out and leave him in the changing cup and just add new water gradually so he can use to the new water from the one gallon tank. Then slowly let him swim out of the changing cup to the one gall tank. And again the one gall tank will gradually getting warmer from the other tank while he is in the tank.
Did i confuse you , let me know ?
Old 09-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #95 
Abawhite2021

No you didnt and yes i already did the water change. What i did was i got dispoabale cups and i put the water in that cup. I then put it in the mircowave for 10 seconds and warmed it up. When i pored it in the small qt tank was at 75* before it was at 76*. So he was ok with the change and his tank is alot cleaner right now. Yet while i was changing fishy he jumped out of his changing cup and landed on the washer machine! I thought he hurt himself but the fin i thought he injured seems to be ok now and hes swimming just fine. The flipping fish almost gave me a heart attack lol. I also really wanna put him back in the 5 gal tank. Hes alot better now and he hasnt lost any more fins at all for almost 2 weeks now :) :)! (knocks on wood) but i need something to block him from getting near the filter. I ordered a 2.5 gal tank divider and i think that should work. This way he has more room to swim and his new fin growth wouldn't get damanged by the filters current.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #96 
ANHEL123

Sound good. My fish jumped out about 5 times in 7 years. A few times when i change them, and a few times jumped out of the tank. Little jumpers, giving us heart attack. Not experienced with filters . I had filter only once with my first fish which didn't go too well. So since i don't cycle any of my tanks. I know how to change the water and take care of the filter media for the establish tank though.
And thank you for update:)
Old 09-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #97 
Abawhite2021

Yes Fishy did almost give me a heart attack but the nextt time in eed to do a 100% water change i'll put a cover on his tupper-ware bowl lol. I really just wanted to update you again. So far all i've seen from him is new fin-growth, but he did lose some of this bottom fin, but i was waiting for that to happen. It was black dead tissue from when he got fin-rot in his bottom fin back in the 5 gal tank. It finally fell off and i'll wait for it to heal. Minus that hes acting like a nomral fishy. I DO still think he has ring-worm or something since his poop is a little stringy. So i got him New Life Spectrum Threa A food. it says that it kills interal pasasites so i've been giving him a pellet twice a day. (Before i go to work then again about 7pm) so hopefully that will take care of that. I also am gonna put him back in the 5 gal tank. I'm still waiting on the stuff i need to baffle the filter. It won't be here until atleast october 10th...so fishy has to live in his QT tank for a bit longer. Then his 5 gal will get a freh water change ill put some terta safestart in it and change its 50% once a week :). Hopefully fishy will continue to improve.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #98 
ANHEL123

Thank you for the update. His poo you saying is stringy which is still normal if it brown. It will abnormal if its white,clear, broken white . White color it was? Do you want to show me a picture of it?
About tetra safestart please make another post to get people opinions on that. I have no idea about it , i never cycled so i don't have to use anything like that. Don't listen people from the pet store. Some of them will recommend you what you don't need to do. So if you never did it or not sure its better to ask here on the forum
Old 09-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #99 
Abawhite2021

No its not white that i could see its brown like it should be. As for the tetra safe-start im actully posting on two forums and someone on my other forum who has a betta said to use it it helps speed up the cycle process.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #100 
ANHEL123

As long as its normal color brown it not parasites and absolutely normal for bettas to have this shape.

About safe start take second opinion on this forum . I know sound funny second opinion just assassinate me with medical field. I am medical assistant lol
I just think this forum is really the best. So i would take that second opinion.