Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #21 
ErnieB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
If you are doing 100% water changes, take the fish out and put him in the cup he originally came in or a gladware container. If you have a cycled tank, you change the water according to what your water parameters are. Most people acclimate theirs by floating the cup in the tank. I hope this will help answer some of your questions.
Thanks! I wasnt sure if a cup would float and not upturn.
ErnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:09 PM   #22 
ScuitoAmi150

I keep my fish in a little gladware container while i'm changing the water. With the heater I put new water in the tank that was a little less hot than what it originally was. Because the water in the cup cools but when I add the new water the heater will warm it up. So its roughly the same temperature.
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #23 
1fish2fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieB View Post
Thanks for completely ignoring my questions. But so you know i already researched and I added ammonia. So now that you know, mind offering any advice with the questions i asked?

This tank doesnt leave much room for a cup to get water out ( if you keep the filter in place ) and a gravel vac is kind of too big to work. So I'm curious what others have done. I only want to do maintenance once a week, i dont mind if its 100% but figured if i can cycle then i could do less each week and not have to remove the fish as ( like my original questions suggest ) I am unsure of the best way to reintroduce the fish back into the tank or what to keep him in while cleaning.
Wow.. rude much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieB View Post
So when your doing the 100% water changes, what do you keep the fish in...... and are you using a heater in the tank.... and how do you re introduce the fish back into the tank??? I have a 2g eclipse with filter and i put a heater in as well. Im attempting to cycle it ( fishless ) since it has a biowheel and all. But not really sure if it will cycle nor am i really sure how much water change i should do each week.
FYI I was trying to help you with this part..since you didn't include info on how you were cycling I was asking questions to try to help you better. If I didn't give input on your other questions obviously I had no input.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote