Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #11 
puppyrjjkm

Haha yeah I know how that goes. But I won't be dividing it anymore (don't want to cut down on any more space) :) And I keep telling myself only one more male and he HAS to be my perfect fishy :) The one I want to start breeding with. So he would have a 10 gallon to himself until I got around to start breeding :) It's helping with the addiction. I ask myself is he the one? Haha before I buy one :)
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #12 
1fish2fish

lol.. I am forcing myself not to get another one until either...

1) I move out of dorms and can get the 20 gal my sister is giving me (I think I wanna go either guppies or tetras (or both if they even go together) or divide it for two boys)
2) One of my current boys dies (knock on wood) and I get a replacement.

I'm trying to tell myself that once one of the boys goes I will take the divider out of my 10 gal and make my "dream tank".. but I know the temptation is going to be hard to resist LOL

Its bad enough I have 2 one gallon tanks that could be filled
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #13 
vaygirl

My guy is in a 16 tall and he really does just fine with the height. He's used to it though and he's a really strong swimmer. Plus, I have a HUGE water wisteria that reaches the top of the water and he can lounge in it closer to the top if he wishes. He actually spends more time hunting along the bottom cause he thinks he's a cory. But then again, he has a lot of horizontal space too. He gets a work out, he does. I don't think I'd do five. Maybe four but yeah, it'll probably look crowded. It's a matter of preference I think.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #14 
kuklachica

I just set up four in the tank... it looks *pretty good* (not idea) but not bad. I'll post pics when I get a chance. They seem to like the vertical space (two of them spend their time going up and down the glass freaking out at their reflection). It's so frustrating because I want to get more (and now I have a 10 gal that is free and a 2 gal!). **must resist temptation** (and avoid ticking off the hubby!)
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #15 
ChristinaRoss

lol ticking off the hubby............he will adjust, mine just laughs now when i bring home more fish lol

anyhoo..........i think u wont have any problems at all dividing it into 5. they still have space to swim vertically AND horizontally with the height and the width
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #16 
puppyrjjkm

Glad to hear about the new setup :) Can't wait to see pics!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #17 
nochoramet

Here's my 20 tall divided into 5, i don't know if I want to keep it though merely because it's a monster tank and i don't have much room... no fish in it yet, haven't set it up because i might just get a 10 and divide it in half because all my fish died except 2. I know I'm a little late, just showing you what 5 would look like instead of 4...

Last edited by nochoramet; 02-14-2014 at 04:48 AM.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote