Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #1 
sbrit94

A heart breaking story...

So while at the vet , picking up flea pills for my dogs, the receptionist asked if I heard of the Justice for Helo case. I told her no and she went on to explain the case of a rottweiler that had gone missing. The dog's body was found 5 days later. Apparently someone had kidnapped the dog, dragged him behind their truck, castrated, and shot him in the head. The family and community are doing all that they can to get police to investigate and find the sick individual(s) who committed this horrific crime.
This story strikes home with me because I myself have 2 rottweilers that are my everything...
Here is the link for further info:
http://www.gofundme.com/justiceforhelo

Here is the "Justice for Helo" FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/justiceforhelo
sbrit94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:13 PM   #2 
Blue Fish

Some people don't deserve to draw air and take up space. :(

What a horrible tragedy, and those poor people who cared for that dog...I cannot imagine how awful that must be for them. :( If someone hurt my animals...and I found out who they were...I'd be in jail on assault charges, because I'd go after them with a baseball bat. It wouldn't be the first time I'd gotten into a heated verbal confrontation with someone over an animal. :(

I'll definitely follow the link to his justice page, anything I can do to help bring these people to pay for their crimes, and more importantly, PREVENT them from ever doing it again!!
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #3 
JustinieBeanie

How horrible! Some people are so unimaginably cruel whether to humans or non human animals. There are some sick evil people out there in the world. My heart goes out to the family of this dog, who I'm sure was like a member of their family. I had not heard of this particular case, thank you for sharing and keeping us informed. I so sincerely hope they find the person(s) responsible and are able to bring them to justice before they do something like this again!
JustinieBeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #4 
Polkadot

Oh my God.Whoever did that should be killed.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #5 
thekinetic

I think it's best if I didn't know who did that else I would return the favor in kind! >:(
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #6 
sbrit94

I thought I knew some people that would definitely want to follow this case. And I found them. People on this forum are amazing!
sbrit94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #7 
TakingthePlunge

I hope they are found, because that breaks my heart. My boy is part Rottie, and 100% Rotten. If anyone for a moment did anything to hurt him... Even my mom, who was CONVINCED that all Rotties (and a few other breeds) were inherently bad dogs, has now fallen in love with Dufous, and after I told her his breed mixture, has sort of changed her mind on "bad breeds". How someone could look at an animal that relies on people for food, affection, protection and shelter and do such things, I will never understand.
TakingthePlunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #8 
Silverfang

This is why I prefer animals to people
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #9 
TakingthePlunge

no kidding. if an animal causes pain, it is either an accident, competition, or food web related. the same can't be said of humans.
TakingthePlunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #10 
Kittiesdragons

Oh man... poor baby... I say we treat who ever did this the same way they treated that poor dog. I LOVE Rottis, they are one of my favorite breeds and I can't even imagine what kind of sicko would hurt any animal at all! I hope they find the people or person who did this and it actually gets somewhere vs. just a slap on the wrist like I've seen in the past!
Kittiesdragons is offline   Reply With Quote