Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2013, 01:29 AM   #1 
NozzALa

Torn off fin

Hey guys, I posted about this awhile back, my betta Lupin looks like he may have fin rot or he ripped his top fin almost completely off somehow in his old tank. In his new one I've been doing water changes twice a week, sometimes more, he has a heater and his water is always at around 80 degrees, and I add stress coat with every change. His fin just isnt growing back. He has this little fin like 'nub' now that might have gotten a little longer, but that's it.

So is there anything else I should be trying? I've thought about aquarium salt, I just don't know how much to put in a 2.6 gallon tank. Any info would be appreciated.
NozzALa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #2 
TakingthePlunge

you can use about 2 tsp of salt in that tank, but he wouls only really need it if he's showing infection. Any way we can get a picture? How long has it been since you got rid of the fin rot? how is your water current?
TakingthePlunge is offline   Reply With Quote