Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #1 
fawx

snail egg snacks?

my two snails were put into a cup while I cleaned my tank. I looked over and little yellow eggs were scattered around in it. If I just dump them in the tank, the bettas could eat them right? Do they have a chance of surviving, too? (One snail is brown, one is yellow, so I'm curious how they'd look.)

One is a mystery snail and the other was labeled a "golden snail" at the store. How long does it take for them to grow?
fawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #2 
marshallsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawx View Post
my two snails were put into a cup while I cleaned my tank. I looked over and little yellow eggs were scattered around in it. If I just dump them in the tank, the bettas could eat them right? Do they have a chance of surviving, too? (One snail is brown, one is yellow, so I'm curious how they'd look.)

One is a mystery snail and the other was labeled a "golden snail" at the store. How long does it take for them to grow?
They are both Mysteries, some places call them Golden or Apples. Have you seen them attached to each other? Mystery eggs have to be just above the waterline to hatch. If they're in a cup or the tank , they won't hatch.
Sometimes they will lay them in the water due to stress .
If they're in a small tank being removed for cleaning, you won't get babies. You need a bigger stable tank that they can be left in during water changes.

Last edited by marshallsea; 09-22-2013 at 06:46 PM.
marshallsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #3 
fawx

That makes more sense then. The water was really shallow, so it would've been waterline, too bad I dumped them into the tank. Oh well. Yeah, they were attached.

It was probably from the stress of being moved.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #4 
marshallsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawx View Post
That makes more sense then. The water was really shallow, so it would've been waterline, too bad I dumped them into the tank. Oh well. Yeah, they were attached.

It was probably from the stress of being moved.
If they're attached a lot of the time you'll get another chance. But an egg clutch usually holds 100-300 eggs. Plan ahead.
marshallsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #5 
fawx

I had no intentions of breeding, that's good to know if I ever want to though. Thank you.