Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #1 
Lloyd28

Question Betta feeding?

I feed my betta 5 pellets of bio gold 6 days a week and on the 7th i give him 2 dried bloodworms is this a good diet for my betta as some say they dont feed on the 7th day?
Lloyd28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #2 
Lloyd28

Also on the packet of bio gold betta food it says feed your fish 5 pellets 3 times a day? Surly thats not righr
Lloyd28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #3 
Mo

A lot of people fast there Bettas.. I used to and might consider it again because my betta is a chunky monkey by the end if the week.. Lol... I would feed the same around you're feeding and not feed him on a specific day of the week. Instead. You can feed the freeze dried bloodworms on a different day to give him as a treat. 5 of the bio gold sounds fine, aren't those pellets a little smaller anyways. I remember having to feed more than I do now with the bio gold when I used it
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #4 
caphyae

I tend to keep to a rule of three. He gets three things per day, whether it be pellets, flakes, brine shrimp, or bloodworms. So some days, he'll get two pellets and a flake. Some days, he'll get a flake, a pellet, and a bloodworm.. etc. I try to switch it up every day and work with different combinations. I don't fast him, but on weekends, he gets two things per day rather than three.
Every betta's different. Try to keep some variety and make sure you're using high quality food. Read the ingredients. The first ingredient should be some form of protein. It's better if it lists the specific source (Herring, shrimp, etc) rather than just "fish meal".
caphyae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:50 AM   #5 
Aquatail

Mo, I feed Hikari Betta Bio-Gold pellets and yes they are a little smaller.

As for how much you're feeding him, I think it sounds fine. My boys get 8 Hikari pellets everyday and I've just started feeding the equivalent of one bloodworm every week. Although I admit they probably eat a little more than they need to. Everyone feeds their bettas differently, find something that works for you and your little buddy. Good luck!
Aquatail is offline   Reply With Quote