Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #1 
literallysquid

My Veyron :)

Yes he's named after the car :)

Just got him today and he's been a treat!!

literallysquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #2 
ANHEL123

I am glad you bought another one, such a cute little guy! Is he eating yet?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #3 
literallysquid

Thanks! He was a bit picky with the flakes at first but I gave him a freeze-dried bloodworm and he ate it so fast! He's doing so well! :)
I even got him to flare for me!

Last edited by literallysquid; 09-21-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #4 
bambijarvis

He looks so pretty when he flares. :o
bambijarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #5 
ANHEL123

Well you might have a problem now since you gave him blood worms he will refuse any other food. I just had new betta that i bought for my friend and could not give it to her because of that problem. He ate form day 3 that i had him and i decided to give him blood worms , since he tried that he refused the other food. So it took me 10 days until he finally ate the pellets. So if you going to have this problem you will need to be patient because its very annoying, and do not give him any blood worms until he eats real food.
Flakes is not the best choice at all though, however i tempt my new fish with the flakes before he ate the pellets. Flakes can cause constipation in the future. So if you can go to the store and try to find

http://www.bigalspets.com/betta-form...lets-50-g.html

http://www.petco.com/product/116563/...FUmY4AodvTkAuQ

And its good that you don't have any gravel in his tank because it will be easier to monitor if he ate the food. New betta that i have was taking the pellets in the mouth and spiting it, then after its sink to the bottom he was going after that and eat it. And actually just yesterday he ate first pellet, made me happy.
I kind of thinking you going to have the same problem. Blood worms also can be constipating and people recommending to feed it as snack about 2-3 times a week. Along its not enough nutrients in it so you will need to get pellets any way.
NewLifeSpectrum are not floating pellets, Omega one are floating. I give one kind to my bettas in the morning and the other at evening.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #6 
literallysquid

Oh, I had no idea! Thank you for the guidance. I'll go to the pet store tomorrow to see if I can find pellets for him! Hopefully he's not too stubborn but I'm pretty patient so it shouldn't be too bad :)
Old 09-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #7 
ANHEL123

I am curious , give update:)
Old 09-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #8 
literallysquid

Talking

Veyron's doing sooooo well.
He's not picky with the food at all; I just bought him some pellets from a small pet store in my neighborhood and he had no problems with them at all! He eats so well and he doesn't spit anything out so I think it's time to put gravel in the tank. He's even started making a small bubble nest!! It's only been three days and he seems to feel perfectly at home, I'm so proud

Old 09-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #9 
ANHEL123

YAYYY!!!! If you didn't find those pellets that i mentioned i rally recommending to order them anyway.You can alternate them with the ones that you bought. And also i don't think i mentioned that before , he will really appreciate frozen blood worms once a week. They really have a lot of protein and good for the immune system;)

Tags
betta, crown tail, proud