Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #1 
veganchick

:/

Well Yesterday I went to petsmart to get some supplies for my science fair experiment..... My friend and I stopped to look at the bettas, and there was one female who was extremly emaciated and only 2.5 cm long, maybe less.... She looked otherwise healthy, she was a deep blue color with some random silver scales... Anywa, its against my ethics to buy from a store, so I left her there, poor girl I hope she is ok!!!!!!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #2 
Zenandra
Banned

Poor girl :(
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:57 PM   #3 
veganchick

well........ I went into petsmart today to get dog food, and she wasn't there... Hopefully she went to a nice home... Anyway, there was a small male crowntail lying on his side in a cup breathing really hard, so I took him (they gave him to me for free!) I gave him a saltwater bath, and he is currently residing in a mini critter tote with a reptile heating pad stuck on the back... He doesn't appear to have sbd or anything, just gill problems, so we will see where this takes us. I am hoping to rehome him as soon as he is well (no room, but I COULD NOT leave him at the pet store when I could take him home for free), so I wil post pics and put him up for adoption on petfinder. He is a bit smaller than normal CTs, but he has unusual pink and yellow coloring, so I think $2-3 is a fair adoption fee... (I have put other bettas for adoption on petfinder, and it has only taken 5 days at most for adoption on the healthy ones!) On the plus side, these were the only two bettas at that petsmart that really seemed to be suffering from anything besides minor fin rot!
Old 01-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #4 
dr2b

I'm so glad you took him home! His coloring sounds gorgeous..
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:47 PM   #5 
veganchick

Thanks! He is doing a ton better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He does have some random spaz attacks........ He is still in his mini critter tote, which is a bit small.... Well... REALLY small, but I don't have anywhere else to put him, and I am sure he will get a nice home once his fin rot is better, and I can figure out his spaziness!