Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #11 
thekinetic

I am a pagan to some, an agnostic to others, but I consinder myself a sage.

1) what is prime reality? Reality is the universe, god set into motion and simply watches for god is the universe. The motions and rythms of it did the rest.

2) what is the nautre of external reality? In my religion the unknowable entity, the grand conciousness called god created the universe of himself inside and outside. Setting the rythms of life and reality and death into motion, all that was is and will be. Forever within and without.

3) what is a human being? This is where it gets complicated. God gave of it's own soul to breathe life into the lifeless. We as life are no different than any other except we possess a higher thought pattern.

4) what happens at death? The spirit leaves it's vessel, leaves the physical world behind. Proceeds to the ether, a mirror of this plane to make dying easier. From there it travels to the outer planes where dwell spirits of all creation. To rest and or to be reborn.

5) why is it possible for us to "know" anything? Truely. What we learn does end at death. What we learn in life is remembered by the soul over the span of infinite lifetimes.

6) how do we know what is right and what is wrong? There is right or wrong. This is hard for people to understand but right and wrong is a creation of man and defined by the laws of a society.

7) what is the meaning of human history? History is written by humans, finite in that it is often forgotten by those living. Thus it only has meaning to those that still remember it.

8) what personal, life orienting core commitments are consistent with your worldview? The past is gone, the future unknown, but today is a gift so enjoy it.

I hope this has given you some insight into my beliefs, though they have no name they have come from my years of living and experiance. Take what you will of them and their meaning. But don't ponder so long as to let life pass you by!
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #12 
Meggie6347

Thank you so much!!!
Edit: may I ask your name?
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #13 
Meggie6347

Do you think humans evolved from other species? Or that we were specifically created by God?

And do you think God gave us the ability to know things or that we developed this ability through necessity during evolution? In other words, why do we have the ability to know things and animals don't?

Last edited by Meggie6347; 09-22-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #14 
Ilikebutterflies

Let me add my spin, lol.
I am not a religious person by nature but have been through the steps from baptism through confirmation.
I believe that it is not my concern what created me or this planet I live on. I am OK with there either being nothing at all or a greater force at work. I feel that we as humans are given a moral compass for a reason. It is in our nature to be helpful and not horrible however obviously that can be skewed through the way one is raised or mental illness but for the most part we, as humans if we were all given the same care and compassion and opportunities, would be "good".
I am thankful for every day I am able to breathe and I often say thank you out loud but not to any entity in particular.
The funniest thing in the world to me is that it was a MOVIE that gave me this insight. MIB(Men in Black 2 i think) where they open the locker and there is a whole little civilization living in there, and when they open the door at the end of the movie and it is a locker door and where the little alien kid is playing marbles and one or the "marbles" is our entire universe...
it really makes you sit back and think.
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote