Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2010, 01:55 AM   #11 
onekatietwo

Well, I guess I'll give it a shot and just divide my other tank and throw the new guy in with my old guy if it doesn't work out.
onekatietwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #12 
wallywestisthebest333

Hi! =] I was shopping at walmart lately and in the section with kitchenware where the jars are there's a lidded jar for storing food in (or flour/sugar most likely=P) that's 2 gallons! I was considering it for a tank for ADFs The best part is it's completely cylendrical and not curved at the top so the heater cord won't be smack dab in the middle of your tanks it can be against the back of it and you could hide it with a silk plant. I hope this helps =] Oh! the jar was 12 dollars in Virginia idk how much it will be where you are though. =/
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:02 PM   #13 
KMussy

I just got the Hydor mini heater for my 2.5 gallon tank today, and it's working perfectly from what I can tell. My house is around 73 degrees, and the heater has the water right up around 79.
KMussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #14 
KMussy

ACTUALLY. I lied. The heater was doing its job... at first. This morning, however, I woke up to a fish in cold water. Even in a relatively small tank, that heater was just not powerful enough. I visited three (three!) pet stores today and tracked down a Marineland 10 watt. I've got my fingers crossed that it'll work like it's supposed to.
KMussy is offline   Reply With Quote