Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #1 
snowflake311

how about this pair?

I am hooked and love breeding betta fish. I have this crazy idea to make Snowflake Bettas. I have my blue gree marbles I am going to call them Tahoe Bettas they are the color of Tahoe.

I want these Snowflake bettas to be silver blue like this male but with more white. I would love to breed him to a Big ear White dragon.

I think I will get this male and I want a female like this. I can't find any like this for sale at the moment.

or maybe this one who is not big ear. This girl is for sale.

What do you think if I mix that silver blue male with a white? Do you think I should look for a big ear and make my snowflake bettas with big ears of just keep them normal?

Or should I look for a silver blue dragon like this.

Last edited by snowflake311; 09-24-2013 at 04:52 PM.
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #2 
snowflake311

oops I posted 2 times. Can someone Delete this one?
Old 09-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #3 
Ilikebutterflies

You won't get a silver body on a blue dragon because the colors are both in the same layer. The Silver color seen in other colored dragons is a mutated steel blue...so either it's mutated blue or it isn't there isn't a halfway.
You may possibly be able to get lighter blues but probably not as light as you are wanting with a silver body and ice blue fins unless you start working with marbles and that's going to be a crap shoot.
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #4 
snowflake311

I have a batch of marbles but both parents have turned almost solid blue hardly any white left on them. I will have to wait to see what the babies look like.

What about a grizzel female that is whiter with some blue? Do grizzel bettas don't change color do they?
Old 09-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #5 
snowflake311

Ok what if I take my blue/green marble male I have now and breed him to a white big ear female. So what would a solid white mixed with a blue marble give me? Any idea?

He about this.

My marble to a solid white big ear female.
Then take the best male from them and breed back to the mother. Who it all white with big ears?
Old 09-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #6 
snowflake311

I think would be a good pair to work with to get more white fish with big ears.

This male is what I really want. BUT if he is a marble like he looks to be His color will change right....

With This female.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #7 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

If you want more white fish with big ears, breed a pair of white fish with big ears. Marble is hard to get out of a line and ee is hard to get in.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #8 
snowflake311

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
If you want more white fish with big ears, breed a pair of white fish with big ears. Marble is hard to get out of a line and ee is hard to get in.
I want fish that are like the male but with big ears.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #9 
Ilikebutterflies

You would want to breed the male to a white big ear female then breed the very best colored male back to the mom. Thing about that is white is a mutated steel blue so you may or may not ever get a stable pattern with lots of white. If you are wanting a stable pattern your best bet is to work on big ear grizzles. You will have to work opaque into the line to get the bright white(grizzles are generally pastel). If I were trying to get your line-which sounds lovely BTW- I would pair big ear grizzles to big ear platinums or opaques(if you don't want the iridescence). As long as the grizzle isn't marble based you will get a stable pattern with lots of white. You can go the ultra long way and make your own grizzles with cambodians and irids but you'd be at it a while.
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #10 
snowflake311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikebutterflies View Post
You would want to breed the male to a white big ear female then breed the very best colored male back to the mom. Thing about that is white is a mutated steel blue so you may or may not ever get a stable pattern with lots of white. If you are wanting a stable pattern your best bet is to work on big ear grizzles. You will have to work opaque into the line to get the bright white(grizzles are generally pastel). If I were trying to get your line-which sounds lovely BTW- I would pair big ear grizzles to big ear platinums or opaques(if you don't want the iridescence). As long as the grizzle isn't marble based you will get a stable pattern with lots of white. You can go the ultra long way and make your own grizzles with cambodians and irids but you'd be at it a while.
Yeah Grizzle would be what I need to look for white and blue.

put I found this guy and i love his color. I posted him in my other thread. I think his color is something I could work with.