Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2010, 10:19 PM   #581 
rubyfire

They usually get color around 2 months i think. But it's never set in stone lol some get color early and some dont get color till they are almost full grown.
rubyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #582 
biokid101

oh wow! well they r 3 days old today. nothing really changed about them. one of my female guppys died. idk y she seemed wierd tho she was breathing fast and she was always on the floor or on the top. maybe she was just tired after giving birth. all my females r acting wierd and the males arnt even doing anything to them and the males r perfect. my females dont even eat and i tried different foods. one of them likes bloodworms but doesnt eat them. if i lose one more female i will clean out the tank completely but im gonna have to catch all those babies. all the water contents are fine i got that tested.
biokid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:10 PM   #583 
biokid101

omg this is bad i lost another one of my females thats 2 in one day!! i had two fishunerals today! why did this happen? was it because they had babies?
i didnt put salt in ther either is that another reason?
Old 01-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #584 
Betta Fish Bob
Banned

Here is the Sticky DramaQueen posted on breeding bettas. It is all inclusive.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=30005
Betta Fish Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #585 
dramaqueen
Banned

Elizabeth, biokid is talking about his guppies. This has turned into a guppy thread. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:22 PM   #586 
Betta Fish Bob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Elizabeth, biokid is talking about his guppies. This has turned into a guppy thread. lol

LOl! I guess I should have looked at the length of the thread!!!
Oh well, your sticky is still a great post, DQ!
Betta Fish Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #587 
vaygirl

How big is the tank you're using for them? I know you said the water params are fine but how often do you have it tested? How long has the tank been set up, how often is the water changed, etc? Two in one day, so sorry. :( RIP fishies.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #588 
biokid101

yea i know :(. i have a 5 gallon tank with now 6 guppies(3 male and 3 female) and i have about 25 guppy fry in there but seperated by a divider. and its usually tested once every 2 weeks. i set it up the day after christmas. and it held bettas before. the water is changed bi-weekly or weekly when i have a chance to.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #589 
biokid101

omg the last yellow female is gone! she just died. i couldnt see her in the main part of the tank and i looked in the baby side and she was there! she jumped over and she was dead when i found her!! whats up with this it cant be the water it has to be because they gave birth because all my other ones are fine and i have 2 more girls and they r doing ok and they didnt give birth! and my males are perfect! eating and everything! so i know its not the waters fault i was reading and i saw that this happens sometimes for young females. and they were yound. they were all smaller than my males. my other females are bigger than my males. this is wierd!
Old 01-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #590 
vaygirl

Hmmm. I don't know. Did you cycle the tank? It's probably not overstocked but I wouldn't put any more in there. 6 is probably all that tank can handle and with the added 25 fry? That might be tipping it over the line. If the tank's only been up since Christmas and it's stocked to capacity, you might be getting spikes with the water. Every two weeks for a new tank really isn't testing often enough. What kind of filter do you have? If you're changing the water, how much are you changing? I know, lots of questions. Sorry you lost the other girl too. I hope we can help you figure it out. Maybe someone else has some advice.

Last edited by vaygirl; 01-19-2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Typo
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote