for two days ago i notice that my betta is behaving strangely, he stays at the bottom of the aquarium and he don't swim like before, today, i was watching the tank and i notice that he has a a bump behind his left gill... ¿what can i do?
attached sheet and some pictures:
1. What is the size of your tank?
2. What are your water parameters? State the brand of test kit used.
temp: 26º, ph:7, no2: 0,1, no3:0
3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water?
4. How long the aquarium has been set up?
5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
1 male bettafish, i have it for 3 months, before being transsfered to this tank he lives in a smaller tank
6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
7. What temperature is the tank water currently?
8. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
yes, vallisneria, cabomba, lemna minor and acorus gramineus
9. What filter are you using? State brand, maintenance routine and power capacity.
a bag filter
10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)?
11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? What is your lighting schedule (assuming you do not rely on sunlight for our viewing pleasure)?
yes it recieves, but not directly
12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate?
last week, 1/3 of the water, i change the water once a week and i vacuum the subrstrate
13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule?
once a week i give him bloodworms and the other days pellets
14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish?
he stays at the bottom, don´t swimm very much and he has a bump behind his gill
15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis.