Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #1 
Kittiesdragons

:( I just want...

A job... just something to keep me afloat. I need money to pay bills :/ this is crazy! It's been 2 years and I have yet to find anything that a) pays at least minimum wage and/or b) will hire me. <--- not a happy kittie
Kittiesdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #2 
redthebetta

Have you looked at your LFS? That would be a match made in heaven!
redthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #3 
Kittiesdragons

I've applied to Petsmart and I just put an application out to Petco. We do have a local fish shop but it is very small and I doubt he'd hire on help since he's probably only just breaking even. I guess it would be worth a shot though since we both love fish and I love to hang out in his shop a lot.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #4 
Blue Fish

Ooh, I feel your pain. :( I work in Healthcare, and due in large part to the Government meddling and Obamacare uncertainties, I can only get PRN work, there are NO full-time jobs in my field. :( PRN is as needed/on call...which is great sometimes...but other times I go a month without working. :( I'd love to buy a house, but I can't because I never know if I'm going to be working this time next month or not. :(

Prayers and positive thoughts your way that things will turn up for your soon!! :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #5 
MichelleA

Idk what youre looking for but call centers have a really high turn over rate. Most people dont like them. But ive worked in mine for a year and a half, Its an answering service. I liked it until I became a supervisor..... Too bad you dont live near me. We get new hires every week! You should try that route. : )
MichelleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #6 
Kittiesdragons

Thanks Blue Fish. I need the prayers for sure... @MichelleA I did call work on a volunteer basis and I hated it so deeply that I actually felt too sick to go in from stress. Unfortunately I can't handle high stress environments because they literally make me really sick. I'm working with a job coach and I'm trying very hard to work on stress management. I may look into Xerox again and see if they are hiring again now since I have a job coach that can help me advocate for myself. I'm getting a lot of pressure from my mom to move back to NC to live with her but I really don't want to move from my home state. I would love to work with animals since I know I can do that really well and I actually enjoy it so I'm more likely to not become sick from stress but I've been looking at mostly cashier jobs and stuff hoping someone will hire me.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #7 
MichelleA

Oh Im sorry. That seems to be the majorities opinion lol. I will pray for you. I went a while with no job or income and it just plain sucks. Keep plugging away on those apps. You will find something eventually.

A Vet assistant job sounds perfect for you. In Michigan we dont have to have any prior training or schooling to be an assistant or kennel help. You should check that out in Kentucky. I worked as an assistant for almost two years and it was like it wasnt even work because I loved it so much.
MichelleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #8 
Kittiesdragons

I would love to be a vet assistant I will start searching for those kinds of jobs too