Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #11 
jadaBlu

If it makes you feel any better I have a fish that looks this fat all the time. She is a pig. She gorges on whatever food she can get. The only difference if I fast her (thus the whole tank) she just loses her "bellybutton". I posted my concern about it in bettacare and a few other people have fish that were similar. She even harrasses the mystery snail to take it's food.
Either way treating for parasites should not hurt What color is her belly? Has it changed color?

Last edited by jadaBlu; 10-02-2013 at 11:06 PM.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #12 
Saphira101

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadaBlu View Post
If it makes you feel any better I have a fish that looks this fat all the time. She is a pig. She gorges on whatever food she can get. The only difference if I fast her (thus the whole tank) she just loses her "bellybutton". I posted my concern about it in bettacare and a few other people have fish that were similar. She even harrasses the mystery snail to take it's food.
Either way treating for parasites should not hurt What color is her belly? Has it changed color?
No, her belly hasn't changed color as far as I have noticed.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #13 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, the only thing with being a glutton or constipated is that her bloat is in the wrong area jada. If she were over stuffed/constipated then it would be more towards her front, where her belly is. This bloat is behind the bundle of most organs and where the swim bladder starts I believe, might be some intestines or something over there. I haven't studied much fish anatomy so I don't know exactly what's there but I know that's not her stomach is all.

However parasites can be in any organ of her body, so that's why I'd say just go for the treatment to see what happens.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #14 
Saphira101

Yeah. I'm going to buy a parasite med, as well as some general cure for backup. Should I put her on ES too?
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #15 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yep you can if you want, or you can just use it now while you get the meds. With medications always just do 1 tsp/gal but if you're just using ES start with 1 tsp/gal and then increase over 3-4 day's to 3 tsp/gal if the situation calls for it which I believe this does if you were just going for ES treatment.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote