Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #11 
Tamago

Hello again, so my fish is still sick! He's eating, but very poorly, and only freeze-dried bloodworms, maybe 2/day. He has a white patch near his dorsal fin, but it's not fuzzy, so I'm not sure what it is, but it appeared when he became sick.

I've been treating him with aquarium salt for a while, so I'm phasing that out slowly with water changes, and I'm on day 4 (the last day) of Furan-2 treatment. There has been no change in his behavior or the white patch with the Furan-2. I've ordered Kanaplex and garlic guard, but they won't arrive until next week. I also have Tetracycline and Tetra Fungus Guard on hand, but I'm not sure if I should use either of those once the Furan-2 treatment is complete.

Suggestions? Is the white patch some form of columnaris? Fish behavior is much the same, barely moving, hovering near the top of the tank to breathe. He's not really using his gills at all, and is just air breathing.

I purchased a 5-gallon tank before he got sick, and it's ready to go, but I don't want to transfer him to the new tank if he's still unwell. I also don't want to risk transferring some sort of fungus or bacteria.
Attached Images

Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote