Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #11 
RoMayApple

My illusive Pelco came out durning the day. I didn't recognize it as my pelco at first. Something happened to him and it absolutely terrifies me. He came to me just over and inch about two months ago and now he stretches from the tip of the underside of the large petco dragon jaw to the back of the neck. Right now I am to startled to comprehend how many inches that was but the petshop owner told me he'd grow slowly and this isn't slowly. XD He's also gotten blacker but his top fin is the same dark brown with spots.
RoMayApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #12 
Canis

PLEco, not PELco ;D
Canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #13 
Sokkasmom

Plecos grown fast. Each and every one. Never came across on that didn't grow at least 1/2 an inch a month.
Sokkasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #14 
RoMayApple

0_o I'm going to need a bigger tank before I have the room for a bigger tank. You know I have no idea what kind of pelco-er pleco he is the store never said. I just liked him because he was the only one not albino or brown (he's so black when he attaches to the filter he's camouflaged). He's been more active lately and today I woke up to see him under the dragon with his fins spread out. Tried to get a picture but he bolted before I could get one. Maybe just maybe he was stuck in that dragon and needed a little nudge to freedom. -sigh- time to look for a large flat rock to put between the PVC pipes for him to hide in.

He was trying to run but managed to catch him on the phone before he vanished. He looks so small on that image but this is right before he sips behind the dragons head and out of site.

Last edited by RoMayApple; 10-01-2013 at 03:30 PM.
RoMayApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #15 
MorganC2010

I'm guessing he is just a common pleco. And they at fun cool little fish. But I shouldn't say little lol. I had one, named Bear, who lived for 18 years and was over 2 feet long when he died. So if you decide to upgrade and I hope you do I suggest at least a 55 gallon tank so he will fit comfortably :)
MorganC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #16 
shannonpwns

Yes common plecos get huge! And they do grow fast. I've got two in my 1200 gal pond, and I still feel like that won't be enough room for them to live happily...lol.
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote