Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #10131 
Tree

I did have one issue with that heater, one day it did just stopped working. Luckily I did have that thermometer and I saw that the temp was down and no steam on the top. I went to get it replaced. I have the recipe and the package to replace this one if it ever does it again. My other fish has a flat heater that hides under the gravel, though it seems to not get warm enough in the tank. I mean it is in the 70-74 range but I would like it to be in the near 78-80 like you said. I might get a different one and keep that heater for an emergency. good pointers the both of you. =)

Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #10132 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Awesome, well not awesome the heater broke but good you've got a thermometer. But yeah pretty much any heater under 10 watt's kind of pointless because they don't really heat well as you see. But it's better than nothing
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #10133 
Tree

Hahaha that's ok. I understood. =) and at least I was able to get another one. oh one question though about those heaters. if you know this, can I submerge them all the way? I have is to the water level but now I am thinking that is for when you do a water change and do now go lower than that line. LOL I have been looking into it and it doesn't tell me an answer. Unless it is right under my nose.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #10134 
Gallifrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
Hahaha that's ok. I understood. =) and at least I was able to get another one. oh one question though about those heaters. if you know this, can I submerge them all the way? I have is to the water level but now I am thinking that is for when you do a water change and do now go lower than that line. LOL I have been looking into it and it doesn't tell me an answer. Unless it is right under my nose.
They are fully submersible. I had an issue with that same heater, though. It worked fine for a day or two, then it just didn't keep the temp the way I wanted. It might help to simply let it sit in the tank for thirty minutes or so when you first get it so it adjusts to the tank's temp, and then plug it in. Since mine stopped working, I exchanged it for Penn-Plax Cascade Heat 25w (adjustable, about $16). (My fave local pet store swears by it, compared to Hydor.) I'm testing it out in a bucket of water, and it's working fine from what I can tell. Going to test it out for a few more days before I put it in my betta's tank. (It has an on and off light, and unlike Aqueon, you can leave it plugged in all the time.)
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #10135 
Tree

Ooh I might have to look into that heater. =) thanks!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #10136 
Indigo Betta

here's my tanks:)

Ellis' 3 gallon nano tank with daylight and nightlight

Name:  ell.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  35.8 KB

Name:  ell (2).jpg
Views: 667
Size:  35.5 KB

Igneel's 6 gallon auqastart 320
Attached Images

Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:33 PM   #10137 
Tree

what cool tanks. =)
Old 10-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #10138 
RowdyBetta

I love your 3g, Indigo!

10g NPT
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #10139 
Indigo Betta

thanks I really like how the blue light looks on my 3 gallon.

your tanks look very nice too:)
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #10140 
carlos puron

2.5 gallon I'll get the heater tonight and I will add some plants later on once the ones on my 75 grow a little bit more I'm still looking for a betta to get in there I was looking for a white halfmoon but if see another I can adopt I'll bring him
Attached Images

carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank