Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #1 
Demysta

I finally have you, my dream HM betta... <3

I've had more than a rough week so far. Two bettas I had purchased from petsmart both died a few days apart from one another all because the heater that I had used for them had quite literally fried them. They went from being at 78 one moment and then 86 to 90 the next. I tried to save them, but it was already too late... so I called the manager at my not-so-local petsmart which is a 40 minute drive away and told them my story about the faulty heater. Well, the manager was nice enough to listen to my explanation and offered me a new heater (even though I had none of the original packaging and my receipt was very old) and offered to give me a HM betta that had come in fresh from a new shipment they received just yesterday. Well, I went there, took a look at the bettas (which they do take care of quite well, actually) and found this GORGEOUS little halfmoon boy that I've only ever seen the likes of on sites like aquabid, so I had to take him home with me!

Here are the pics of the little guy! Its not visible in the pics, but he has some butterfly in him because his tail has these cute and quirky streaks of white and so does his dorsal! His body is actually more of a blue tinge IRL and the pics really don't do him any justice. I'm in love with this little guy. BTW HE NEEDS A NAME! Anyone got any suggestions? I'm going with a Greek and Roman theme with my betta names!
Attached Images

Demysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #2 
Chachi

Beautiful!!
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #3 
RowdyBetta

Wow you have a great petsmart! He's such a beauty, congrats!
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #4 
Catw0man

Love him! How about "Midas" or "Hephaestus" or "Mercury"?
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #5 
ashleylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyBetta View Post
Wow you have a great petsmart! He's such a beauty, congrats!
I may be biased since I work for Petsmart, but all of the ones I've been to have been great and take good care of their bettas.

He's stunning, best of luck with him! My Petsmart actually let me adopt one that looks just like him for free today (fin rot issues). They really look a lot alike! I'm sorry to hear about your heater incident, though. But bad things happen sometimes in weird ways and now look at the beauty you have. :)
ashleylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #6 
Demysta

Thank you everyone :D

catw0man, I really love those names! Maybe Hephaestus or Mercury would be fabulous for him! So far he's been such a funny little fellow, zipping around his tank and poking his nose at everything!

ashleylyn thats awesome! Maybe they're long lost siblings! With some TLC your little fella will be fine, and I'm sure he'll be one heck of a stunner when his fins heal. Yeah the heater thing was quite unfortunate, but I was happy to see that everyone in the fish department was very knowledgeable about the fish and their products, and I was able to get a pretty decent heater and a little cave hide for him! The girl working there was so concerned over his fins getting teared that she checked every cave decoration they had to find me one without rough or sharp edges. So far the little devil hasn't poked his head inside it but I've seen him bite at it! XD
Demysta is offline   Reply With Quote