Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #10151 
Hanzobanana1

Location: Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!
/Users/hannahlamb/Desktop/FranAqu.jpg
Frannies Tank :) Any advice?
Hanzobanana1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #10152 
Gallifrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstBetta View Post
That's not the only reason for NOT buying the Aqueon heater or any nonadjustable nonthermostatic controlled heater. The heater just raises the tank temp *X* degrees above room ambient, so the tank temp varies with the room temp. Most tropical fish react badly to variation in the environment of the tank.

Buying this type of heater is really penny wise and pound foolish when a adjustable thermostatically controlled decent quality heater is only a couple of bucks more. Most heaters of this type last a good long time and most manufacturers will replace a defective heater fairly quickly.
Which is why I made the suggestion for an adjustable heater.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #10153 
Emmalee01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyTooth View Post
This is a very lovely aquarium, thank you for sharing it. Please do be careful, however, as lucky bamboo is not a fully aquatic plant and the leaves will gradually begin to rot if kept underwater.
thanks heaps for the advice. the leaves are all out of the water, but quite a lot of the stem is submerged. do you think it will be ok like this?
Emmalee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #10154 
Hanzobanana1

Location: Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!
Name:  FranAqu.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  67.2 KB
Hanzobanana1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:51 AM   #10155 
SpookyTooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmalee01 View Post
thanks heaps for the advice. the leaves are all out of the water, but quite a lot of the stem is submerged. do you think it will be ok like this?
You are most welcome! Unfortunately I'm not very well versed in keeping "lucky bamboo" however I would assume that, as long as the leaves are out of the water, it'd be all right. The species name is Dracaena sanderiana if you'd like to do a bit of research into it, I've just taken a look online and can't see any problems with keeping the stem submerged like that, lots of people have done it to my recollection. The leaves are the problem and not the stem (when it comes to being submerged).
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #10156 
Weissritter

New tank

Here's my new tank. Haven't got a betta for it just yet:

I'm a bit worried that there's too many bubbles coming out of the feature for a betta, but I'm not sure yet. I might get a floating feeding circle to break up the current on the surface a bit. Or poke a hole in the pipe!

I'll get a thermometer tomorrow, too. Though being in Australia, I'm confident that the tank will be warm enough for a betta, even without a heater.

Do you think it'll need somewhere more for hiding?
Weissritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #10157 
Sylerwin

Weissritter, you can buy a control valve for the air to control the output so it's not as strong. They're fairly inexpensive.
Sylerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #10158 
carlos puron

Emmalee01 about your bamboo as long as leafs are out of water you're fine lucky bamboo provides oxygen to the air through the leafs so if you submerge them the plant will start dying you can have the bamboo all the way in the water as long as the leafs are out that's what I read when I was researching for bamboo sticks with for my aquarium
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #10159 
Tree

Up date on my tanks: added floating live plants and changed a few things around. =)
Tree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #10160 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Betta View Post
here's my tanks:)

Ellis' 3 gallon nano tank with daylight and nightlight

Attachment 222154

Attachment 222162

Igneel's 6 gallon auqastart 320
If those are the stones that are plastic with sharp edges, my betta got cut up from those before. Be careful!
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank