Odd. Never heard of any tumor ever falling off, it sounds more like some kind of parasite. But then, I've never heard of an aquatic parasite that gets that big. Either way, I'd get the little ball out of the water just to be safe, and if you could get a picture, one of the more experienced members may be able to identify it. The best thing you can do for the wound is keep the water warm and clean, and add some aquarium salt if you have some. Actually, I'm not sure if you'd want to use the salt on such a large open wound, someone else should probably clarify that for me.
Last edited by Ronin; 01-28-2010 at 11:24 PM.