Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #211 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah he's tiny, I feel bad that I couldn't give them enough water changes and I don't know how Hawkeye can grow but Tony can't. Tony had issues with his spine when he was younger though so I don't know exactly how 'healthy' he technically is as far as deformities go but he's a trooper! A little bugger too lol But yeah, looking back at last month's photo's he's definitely gotten bigger, Steve too, just not at the rate I'd like to see them at >.<

Going to do a water change tomorrow night no matter what and another one on Thursday, hopefully another on Friday and Saturday as well. I'm hoping I can reboot his growth process with the water changes! And clean up some of that algae as well >.<
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #212 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

So I did a 30% water change last night and I switched Steve and Tony around. Tony didn't like to have boy's on both sides of him and that's partly why he was always stressed out. His stress lines are still because he's immature but I know he doesn't like Hawkeye at all. So I put him on the side and moved Steve to the middle since he needed more exercise anyway.

This morning when I fed them both Steve and Hawkeye were flaring, it was cute ^_^ Hawkeye has an amazing spread while Steve really needs to work on his, he's going to end up that regular boring store VT but he'll be my regular boring store VT ^_^ they're such cuties!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #213 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Day 168 and 54

Wow, these babies, just wow! Hawkeye is fully matured now and blowing bubble nests constantly for his little copper girl next to him lol Steve still has a little way's to go but his tail is growing out again after his stupid tail biting incident. But all is well. Tony is still...well he's still Tony lol

These pics are from last night though which would have been Day 167 and 53. I had added a baby albino BN pleco to the tank in hopes to get rid of the algae issue I've got going in there but Tony kept buggering the poor thing so I took the pleco out today and just acclimated him to the 33 where he immediately went to sucking on the glass and cleaning so I guess I'll just have to hope for the best with the snails I'm getting from bambijarvis and that Tony won't kill them >.>

This picture would have been great if Steve weren't pooping you can see the clear edges where his tail is growing out again ^_^ it's quite interesting, I can't tell if the red is his technically iridescence or just something he'll grow out of like Red Loss.

Tony will keep the red I'm sure of it, he's such a little cutie ^_^

Buggering the Pleco after it being introduced to the tank. You can see Tony's also had a wonderful meal of frozen brine shrimp ^_^

The baby was at my LFS where they had a few different types of the BN's both albino, orange and chocolate. I wanted to get the chocolate one that was slightly bigger than this one and had many more white spots which was absolutely adorable but since I have black substrate, I figured something albino would be a lot easier to pick out since I could never find my teenage BN Pleco I had before lol.

The pleco ended up whacking Tony a good one and Tony scampered away lol but I didn't want to risk it anyways since Tony was pecking at him real good.

And the babies today ^_^

Cute picture of Steve

And Hawkeye's form is just plain awesome!

I love his little splotches of blue on his anal fin there ^_^
Old 10-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #214 
BettaLover1313

They're so cute! As I said in your other journal that Pleco is so cute!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #215 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks BL1313 ^_^ yeah, the pleco is definitely happier in the 33 where the fish aren't picking on him lol.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #216 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Day 171 and 57

Not much to report, I think Hawkeye grew again....Tony looks a little better. I think I've been feeding more often and that's really helped, as well as taking time to feed rather than rushing and them spiting up more than half their pellets >.> the frozen foods help too since they rarely spit them up.

Hawkeye, you can see the growth on his anal fin....geeze!

I love this picture because it looks like Steve is some sort of peeping-tom and Hawkeye is the girl getting undressed or something and see's Steve through the window to faint XD lol totally not but looks funny anyway.

He was flaring at Steve, so right after the above picture, and he swam off but continued to flare to himself XD

Steve was investigating the uprooted root tab and trying to eat it....I raised an idiot....lol

Adorable little boy!

Old 10-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #217 
beautiful Betta

all your boys are looking great, your hard work as really paid of. :)
beautiful Betta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #218 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thank you ^_^
Old 10-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #219 
Huffle Puffles

You really have an adorable bunch of boys. ^_^ I really love the purple on Hawkeye! The "undressing" picture really made me laugh.
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #220 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks Huffle ^_^ yeah, I laughed when I saw how the picture came out. But it looked like that in real life too, in real life Hawkeye flared originally at Steve and then "fell" backwards of which I caught mid-way in the pic. And then he fell more into the water sprite and then swam around it to get to the back where I got the second pic of him flaring. It was just really funny all around