Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #21 
BlackCanary

He was only using his one fin on and off I changed his water and he seems happier
The red isn't spreading and it looks more of an orange red so I'm thinking this just be part if him however I did noticed when I shined the flashlight on him one of his eyes looked cloudy what do I do about this
BlackCanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #22 
MyBettaJack

I would keep a close eye on him, but he seemed well in the video. You see him all the time, we just saw him for a few seconds so you might catch something we don't. Are there any new symptoms besides his eye? Does his vision seem ok, can he see you and his food? Keep us posted.....
MyBettaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #23 
BlackCanary

Hey.guys im sad to.say when i got home this morning sunny had passed away sometime last night he would not eat yesterday im.not sure what he had or why he died my question would be can i use my tank and everything in it again or should i trash it all(Which i really dont wanna do)
Old 10-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #24 
MyBettaJack

Aww, Blackcanary, I'm so sorry to hear that. You did a great job reaching out, trying to get help for him. Yes, you can re-use your tank after thourough cleaning. I was very sad when my betta passed, so now I have 3 guppies and an african dwarf frog in the tank. So very sorry.....
MyBettaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #25 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCanary View Post
Hey.guys im sad to.say when i got home this morning sunny had passed away sometime last night he would not eat yesterday im.not sure what he had or why he died my question would be can i use my tank and everything in it again or should i trash it all(Which i really dont wanna do)
Sorry for your loss.

This is how I clean all my tanks. I start by soaking them in bleach water. Then I set them outside to dry in the sun. Then I bright them back and wash them in hot water and let them dry inside.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #26 
BlackCanary

Thank you guys neptunesmom what is the ratio for the bleach to water i dont want to use too much bleach
Old 10-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #27 
rkaisher08

I beleive 19:1 is the best ratio and rinse after with warm water for safe measure.
rkaisher08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #28 
BlackCanary

ok sounds good