Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #1 
SeaKnight

What was said to be a 29g.....

Ok, so I have been having issues with my (what I thought was a 29g) tank and found that the sealant was peeling away on the inside.. DH and I went to Petco to get a new one and Boy was I surprised to find that what I was told and believed to be a 29g turns out is actually a 20g high.............. Grrrrrrr, no wonder I've been having so many issues............... Time to rethink stocking............sigh..........
SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #2 
superpow

I am really not trusting Petco as of late. I bought some plants from their loose plant tank and they turned out to be aluminum plants...def NOT AQUATIC :/
superpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #3 
SeaKnight

The Petco by us is actually pretty decent, most of the employees seem to know what they are talking about and those that don't seem to be open to listening and learning.. We have an awesome rapport built with them... And have had very few issues... The "29"g was a yard sale leftover my DH brought home from the side of the road and we just took the sign's word that it was a 29g.... It was because of Petco I determined that it was actually a 20g high...
Old 10-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #4 
superpow

Yeah, my local Petco's employees are actually really knowledgeable as far as fish go. Next time I will either get the pre-packed plants or plants from the loose tank that I'm familiar with :)

I was supposed to get a 20g from Craigslist this past Friday but it turned out to be a ten gallon. Grrr...who pays 40 bucks for a used, scratched-up 10g tank? That would be meeeee.
superpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #5 
SeaKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpow View Post
Yeah, my local Petco's employees are actually really knowledgeable as far as fish go. Next time I will either get the pre-packed plants or plants from the loose tank that I'm familiar with :)

I was supposed to get a 20g from Craigslist this past Friday but it turned out to be a ten gallon. Grrr...who pays 40 bucks for a used, scratched-up 10g tank? That would be meeeee.

It happens...lol at least you know better for next time...